3-Way Question Inovelli

I bought a bunch of red series dimmers and some GE enbrighten companion switches. Electricians are here and am having a hard time understanding the documentation.

Questions:

1. The Inovelli switch will control the load directly, correct? Without adding to the Z-Wave network?
  2. Will the companion switch also control the load without associating it with the Inovelli switch?
  3. Will the companion switch also dim?

The Inovelli switch will control the load directly, correct? Without adding to the Z-Wave network?

• Yes. Just need to setup the parameters locally from the switch. See support.inovelli.com for manual.

Will the companion switch also control the load without associating it with the Inovelli switch?

• Yes, there is no associations with AUX Switches. Once you set the parameter 22 correctly, you will be able to use the AUX switch like a typicaly 3-way.

Will the companion switch also dim?

• Yes it will.

Following up on @harjms comments.

You’ll have to program the Inovelli via the config button if it’s not connected to a hub. These three vids show how to configure neutral installation w/aux, neutral installation w/dumb and non-neutral w/aux:

Thank you. I got it to work.

FYI: This How-To instruction says tap config button 11 times for power type and 12 times for switch type. After watching the video tapping 12 and 13 times worked.

I like your product a lot so far. I’m transitioning from UPB since Simply Automated is quasi shut down. I’m really happy you came out with the scene controller. It’s a feature UPB has that I couldn’t find in Z-Wave until now.

1 Like