3 Way Setup - Blue 2-1 (VZM31-SN) & AUX Switch

Im slowly swapping out my Gen1 switches for Gen2 switches.

Today I’m removing my 3 Way NZW30 which is connected to a DUMB Switch. The dumb switch only has a Travel & Neutral wire.

This is my CURRENT wiring setup with my Gen1 Siwtch & Dumb Switch

From my understanding I can keep this same wiring configuration but need to replace the DUMB switch with a AUX Switch. My new AUX switch is a Jasco 46199-2.

I’m using Hubitat, after adding the switch I need to switch Parameter 22 to ‘3Way Momentary’, right?

Edit Looks like the VZW31-SN Drivers have different wording

That looks correct. When adding to Hubitat, you may need to press “Configure, All” to get all the parameters to display for selection.

Thanks, do you know anything about upgrading the firmware on these?

From memory, there will be a button on the device’s page. Deferring to @mamber . . .

On the Blue’s Device page, look for the “Update Firmware” button near the top – click it twice.

The go to the Logs page – it’ll open in the live logs view – click on past logs, and you should see an acknowledgement that the firmware update was requested and started. Click back to the live logs view and you can monitor its progress – it may take a couple/few minutes to complete.

2.08 is the current latest f/w available.

1 Like

Thanks

For some reason it wasn’t showing me the firmware version before, but is now.

Looks like I’m up-to-date.

1 Like

The v2.08 update may act weird until you do a factory reset.

Also, after updating the firmware or the driver you’ll want to do a Config All

Go to the Configure box and click the option drop down. Select All and then click on Configure

Thanks