Access to Red Series Dimmer LED Bar via Hubitat

Bry I think he needs to set param 52 to 2 to keep power on ALWAYS to the bulbs.

Keep local control enabled, keep scene control enabled.

Toggle down, turn off. Toggle up, turn on. HELD down start dimming, HELD up start dimming, RELEASE down stop dimming, RELEASE up stop dimming.

If you get the dim rates of the switch and the bulb close to each other they will match OR you can just have an automation fire on release to match bulbs to switch level, that’s what I do.

That is not true with Parameter 52 set to 2 the load terminal is always on.

Yes it should be set to 2 but not for that reason. DLC is configured completely separate from Parameter 52 (SBM) . They each can be set independently of each other. And in this case he wants full SBM enabled (parameter 52 set to “2”) with Local Control still active (DLC set to “No”)

Yes the wording is a bit bass-akward confusing. But you are correct.

Yes there is a way and that is the whole point of the upgraded firmware.

Nope. He should set parameter 52 to “2” and have DLC set to “No”. That will keep the load terminal ‘on’ all the time and still allow local button presses to activate the LED bar animations

Correct

That is correct and may be the most important point in this whole thread. :+1:

@dropshadow Even with all the parameters (SBM, DLC, etc) set correctly, a Zwave Smart switch controlling a Zigbee Smart bulb will need to go through the Hub and rely on scenes and rules that will need to be programmed in the hub.

1 Like

I think I might try to do my very first youtube on all of the parameter settings for Inovelli dimmers. It seems there is SO MUCH confusion, but ultimately each serves a very specific purpose!

1 Like

i am still stuck. i am pretty sure i had this configured as you suggested and it was all working 9 days ago, but it has since stopped working. these are my settings:

State Variables

• parameter2value : 3
  • parameter5value : 45
  • parameter21value : 1
  • actualAssociation4 : []
  • actualAssociation3 : []
  • parameter10value : 0
  • parameter8value : 0
  • oldLabel : Calyssa’s Bedroom - Light
  • parameter19value : 3600
  • parameter13value : 170
  • rfProtectionState : 0
  • parameter22value : 0
  • lastRan : 1627674052197
  • parameter3value : 0
  • parameter52value : 2
  • parameter9value : 0
  • parameter6value : 99
  • parameter17value : 3
  • localProtectionState : 0
  • parameter14value : 5
  • parameter50value : 5
  • parameter11value : 0
  • associationGroups : 4
  • parameter51value : 1
  • parameter7value : 0
  • parameter15value : 2
  • parameter4value : 0
  • parameter18value : 10
  • needfwUpdate : false
  • defaultG3 : []
  • actualAssociation2 : []
  • parameter1value : 3
  • defaultG2 : []
  • actualAssociation1 : [01]
  • defaultG1 : [01]
  • parameter12value : 15
  • parameter20value : 10

currently SBM is enabled (2), DLC is disabled (No), but when i use the physical switch or hubitat digital switches, nothing happens. in hubitat i do see the status changes, on the physical switch, i do see LED strip change colors (i have 100% intensity for on, 20% for off), and i can also see successful events in hubitat coinciding with on/off physical/digital actions…but the bulbs do nothing. the only way i can make the bulbs work at this point is to turn SBM off. i am going bonkers.

It’s working exactly as we’ve described it.

You have to take the command from the switch and automate it to turn on/off the bulb. I don’t have Hubitat but surely someone could show you how to do that pretty easily.

Here is mapping:
UP press - turn on
Down press - turn off

Start there?

Edit: Simple 1 button, on or off - Rule Machine® - Hubitat

1 Like

You are cutting power to the bulbs and they default back to on when powered up again. This is NOT the solution for smart switch/bulb integration.

Did you read this last paragraph in my last reply?..

You NEED to set up rules in Hubitat. The switch can not directly control the bulb. The switch generates a button event and you have to create rules that translate the button events into smart bulb commands. Pressing a button on the switch sends an event to the hub. The hub receives the event and triggers a rule (which you much program). The rule then sends the appropriate command to the bulb. Its not clear if you have set up these rules or not.

yes, but reading comprehension is obviously slow today, bear with me, lol. i had it stuck in my head that i would at least be able to turn the bulbs on and off. maybe the dimming wouldn’t work with holds, and scenes wouldn’t work, but at least it would turn the bulbs on and off. guess i will have to go back and start playing with button creator and rules in hubitat. thank you, and everyone, for your patience.

2 Likes

Not a problem. To be clear we are trying to help as much as we can, not be redundant or forceful. You have to use the hub to “translate” from one technology to another. When they come out with their zigbee line this all becomes a lot simpler!

I think this is still an unknown. I have no Zigbee light switches so I’m not sure, but I thought that Zigbee doesn’t have “direct associations” like Zwave has. It was my understanding that Zigbee switches will still need to go through a hub (with programmed automations) so I’m not sure how much simplier it will be. Perhaps the conversion from Zigbee to Matter will improve that

Yep, I agree. I only suggested the other configuration and in response to his request for that configuration. Of course, that got misinterpreted.

Since the switch is really just going to be a scene controller, why keep local control enabled?

Because, as per his request in the first post, he wants the LED Bar to work.

With DLC=Yes, the LED animations do not respond to local button pushes.
With DLC=No, the LED animations work with local button pushes