All my red series dimmers changed to red

Thanks guys…that worked. Once i downloaded the new handler it no longer changes my led bar. It still showes as a light in GH, but it wont change the color anymore. Thanks

2 Likes

I name my dimmers “… dimmer” and my switches “… switch”. The reason is I don’t want to confuse them with rooms. I also have several where local control is disabled. I create rules named “lighting controller - …” where I control my hue lights (always on) based on button presses of the dimmer, and I set the dimmer state from the light. This provides the ability to light on motion at a dimmer level, but only if dimmer is off, and then to turn on the lights to 100% if I command the dimmer on. This makes for a great night light on motion, and normal lighting otherwise. But only issue is my lights are dependent on the hubs being online to function.

In spaces without windows, I actually wire the dimmer, so the same logic still works, but I do have local control. For this to work, I need to program the lights to default on to 100% white, and my lighting controller rules command them on to whatever I desire differently.