Blue Series SmartThings Edge Changelog | VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN

Yes these are new switches just added.

That would do it re adding new. Quirks (drivers) in ZHA are built into HA, so if you update to a newer HA version and the switch uses the same signature it may end up having more settings show up, as in this situation.

2 Likes

I’m using smartthings but perhaps the result is the same.

Ah yeah, that’s what this thread is, isn’t it? It may be, I’m not certain how the Edge piece works, apologies for the noise here :slight_smile:

That’s ok. From lurking around here I infer I might be one of only a very few users of smartthings lol. Thanks for your help anyway!

1 Like

March 28, 2023

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli just wondering if the 2.14 features are yet accessible in the latest edge driver? Or when they will be? TY

I’m pretty sure I did a couple days ago. I’ll update the top post.

@EricM_Inovelli Your right!. TY. Something odd, two of my newly added switches seem to have the firmware version below and have new features:

But the rest have the same, and don’t show the new features. All are running on 2. 014:

Any ideas? I have tried multiple reboots of hub and switches, plus re adding switches. The only thing I haven’t done is delete and re add but only because that will delete all routines and scenes

That is very strange. If you go into the different devices some of them have the new config options but some don’t? Even though they are using the same driver version?

@EricM_Inovelli Yes exactly. I just deleted a switch and re-added and that seems to have forced the driver to show the new fields for that particular device. But that results in all programming and routines being deleted so not really sustainable to do multiple times. Also makes the resending Config Option sort of pointless since you have to create a brand new device.

Are you seeing the same behaviour?

If you are going to remove a device that is included in a Routine, create a placeholder virtual device and insert that into the Routine before deleting the “real” device. Since the Routine will still have a device associated with it, it won’t get deleted.

Great workaround. TY. Though still laborious if you have many routines. I guess I’m just wondering why this edge driver release requires deleting devices fully first before re adding in order to get access to new features from 2.14. Prior driver updates seem to push automatically and new fields would just show up. Is this a bug…maybe?

Honestly I think this might be something to ask ST support. I guess you could install the smartthings-cli tool and check the logs on the hub to see if anything strange is happening. It isn’t something that I have seen, but it seems like the app isn’t refreshing the options in the settings page even though they have been updated. It also might be just a matter of waiting . . . or clearing cache (and or data) from the ST app and trying again.

@EricM_Inovelli, just wanted to flag what @mamber describes as a scaling issue, assuming it might need a driver fix. TY

Just wanted to circle back on this one – I believe this is the ability to mimic our Gen 2 On/Off switches which had a single LED (instead of the long bar like the dimmer had).

1 Like

April 25, 2023

• Fix scaling issue for param 55 & 56.

TY. Seems to work perfectly now.

1 Like

January 17, 2024

Adding settings options for firmware 2.17+ of VZM31-SN

Where can I find the 2.17 firmware? I didn’t see it on the GitHub. I’d be happy to beta test it out!