Blue Series 2-1 stops responding on hubitat C5

I have looked around for answers on this issue. I have 5 non defective Blues that I have installed in my house. They paired up no issues and worked… for 12 hours. For some reason after 12~ hours they just stop responding to remote commands. I have turned debut and trace logging on and there isnt anything in the log I can see. They just quit talking. All of my other zigbee devices still work (motion sensors, smart plugs, smart lights). Does anyone have any suggestion for troubleshooting? If i air gap the switch it will power on and work for the 12~ hours again. I have upgraded the firmware on all of them. I have a couple running 2.05 and a couple running 2.08. All have the same issue.

Thanks for any help!

What other zigbee devices (brands) are you using? More just for extra data than anything as a known issue

Do you still get events when you press the buttons locally? Does that ‘fix’ the remote events if so?

Neutral or non-neutral?

Other zigbee devices are smart things motions sensors and plugs a couple Sylvania led strips and a couple sengled smart lights.

No events when pushing buttons locally, the switches dont communicate at all as far as i can tell.

I have Neutrals wired in

1 Like

Is it a correct assumption that the plugs and led strips are router devices? I know I’ve seen where some people had issues with the sengled smart lights (I just have a single one but haven’t had any notable issues with it), but that’s usually with the bulbs rather than the switches I believe.

My initial thought was maybe not enough of a mesh to keep it all going, but 5 switches feels like enough on its own not to mention if some of the other devices are routing as well then I wouldn’t think that’d be a concern. I’d also wonder if the hub itself was running into issues if you’re using it for other devices too, etc, but I would just expect intermittent issues and for the switches to work still and not just drop off. Interference issues I’d expect to affect across your whole mesh and not just the switches…I’m assuming the switches are mixed around the house amongst the other devices as well?

@mamber anything come to mind with this?

I have a c7 in a box… I think Im going to fire it up and pair the switches with it. Ill see if I have the same issue with it.

Yeah. Try it on the C7. I have a C7 and haven’t seen anything like this

2 Likes

added to my C7 and same issue. 12~ hours and it becomes unresponsive to remote commands. Its the only device on the hub and its 15 feet away. Here is the zigbee route info. The one thing that seems odd is it shows its status as in discovery and not active. But I dont really know what im looking at.

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[Downstairs Guest Bathroom Dimmer, 963B], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry
status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:High Ram, [null, 0000] via [Downstairs Guest Bathroom Dimmer, 963B]