Can a LZW-31SN be used as a simple on/off switch (LZW-30)?

I suspect the answer is straightforward, but I am looking to pick up a 10pk of LZW-31SN. However, in some of my applications, having a dimmer provides no value, and in fact, would be detrimental.

I suspect that I can use some of the config parameters to reconfigure the LZW31-SN to simply respond as an on/off switch, but wanted to be sure first. Is this feasible? If so, do you know which parameters need to be reconfigured?

Thanks,

Eric

Essentially, yes. Put the dimmer in the Smart Bulb Mode.

It should still only be used for loads rated for a dimmer, even though you don’t want to dim. i.e. no inductive load . . motor, etc.

1 Like

@Bry

Essentially, yes. Put the dimmer in the Smart Bulb Mode.

Can you elaborate please? What is “Smart Bulb Mode”? I looked at the config parameters and don’t see any that match that term.

Thanks,

Eric

The Smart Bulb Mode is a setting on the dimmer. When you enable it, it ensures that the dimmer will always output at full brightness.

Its principal purpose is for when smart bulbs are connected do the switch. An added benefit is that it makes the dimmer act more like a switch for those that want a switch but have to use a dimmer because they do not have a neutral.

If you are looking at the documentation on the support site and pull up the instruction sheet that ships with a dimmer, I don’t believe you will see that setting on it because it was recently implemented and the instruction sheets have not been redone.

Thanks; I dug through the firmware versions, and see it as an option in the latest firmware (1.47). Parameter 56 I believe it was.

Is there an up-to-date page with all the configuration parameters listed somewhere?