Control dimmer buttons from Hubitat?

I know this sounds like a weird question with an obvious answer and it’s a bit hard to describe.

I have a dimmer switch set up with local control disabled (i.e., the relay is set to always stay on to power a set of smart bulbs). I then have z-wave associations set up from the dimmer switch directly to the bulbs.

Is there a way to control the actions of the dimmer switch from Hubitat (in Rule Machine) so that I can control all bulbs simultaneously using the pre-existing z-wave association? I can obviously control the underlying relay in the LZW31-SN, but that’s not what I want. I want to be able to tell the switch to turn on or off and dim up or down and have it direct the bulbs to do what I need (without changing the always-on status of the built-in relay).

This is in an attempt to avoid the popcorning of controlling the bulbs from Hubitat directly.

Thus far I haven’t been able to figure out a method to leverage the direct association link from the hub. I believe it only works from the switch/dimmer itself. That being said I’m just starting to dig into direct association and see how I can better leverage it.

1 Like