Compatible Bulbs for Dimmer Switch (Gen 2)

EDIT (November 23, 2021): Please see the resources below. I will be closing this thread as we just launched a bulb compatibility app as well as a submission form.

To view the original post, fel free to click the drop-down below.

Old Post

Moving this to one location (our support page) so there’s a centralized location we can constantly update. Please continue to list out bulbs that are compatible and incompatible.

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/kb/articles/compatible-bulbs-gen-2-dimmers

In your review below, please include the following if you could (it would be very helpful):

• Make/Model of the Bulb (we’ll hyperlink to the page so others can purchase)
  • Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup?
  • Are you using a bypass?
  • Did you have to set any min/max settings?
  • Overall, would you recommend this bulb?

Thanks everyone for your input and for helping others!

2 Likes

Will neutral and no neutral cause different bulb compatibilities?

1 Like

Hey! I don’t see these bulbs on the list!! What gives??? They’ll probably be in every home you know. :wink:

Looking at these a little more… May have to disable dimming from the switch as well as the relay. Just using the dimmer to send commands to the bulbs?

I don’t see any globe lights listed yet can you test some like these?

This is the style I’d like to put in our bathrooms with the dimmer switches.

Thanks.

Just curious if preorders have been fulfilled. I’ve gotten no notice, or received anything yet. (May preorder)

Thanks
Brendan

With the LZW31-SN in non-neutral configuration, I’m controlling two Feit model CEOM100/930/4 17.5 Watt bulbs. Without a bypass, I had to set minimum dim level to 30 and maximum to 90 to avoid flickering while on. When off, one bulb was very faintly flickering.

After I installed the Aotec bypass in parallel with the lights, there is no more flicker, at off, minimum 1 (at which the bulbs are off – I didn’t yet tinker to find the lowest lit level), or max 99.

1. Black.
  2. 3-way
  3. line/load in same box
  4. 9
  5. Electric Zone. EZ-A615-BA-2700K-A6
  6. 10’
  7. When dimming on the low end it noticeable steps up/down rather than have a smooth transition. Also when I switch the dumb switch on/off quickly the smart switch may not react, so if the lights are off and I switch them on with the dumb switch but then switch them off with the dumb switch the lights will remain on.

Just got my pre orders. Has anyone used it with Philips 468124 Led 50W GU10 Glass Bright White (3000K) lights? I have 4 in series in my ceiling, about to do install. But all i see above are regular bulbs, and not gu10.

Thoughts?

Edit: switches drive these bulbs well. I have mix of bulbs, so each has different response. Will match all bulbs next weekend and confirm the response time and flickering, if any.

Where are the drivers (Hubitat) for the LZW31 that includes the child notifications?

You’ll need both driver for the LZW31 (be sure you select correct model ‘-SN’ or not). Then be sure to get the switch-child-device file. Install into Hubitat.

Cree TA19-08027MDFH25-12DE26-1-12 LED bulbs also work with this switch.

Here are the lights I have tested so far with my dimmers:

Switch Neutral Bypass Bulb Type Bulb Bulb Qty Working? Comments
Red Dimmer Yes No LED Bulb Feit Electric CEBR30/927/6 6 Yes No issues
Red Dimmer No Yes/No LED Panel Commercial Electric 74031/HD-G2 1 No Makes really loud buzzing sounds when on

AFR4-0930 recessed lights. When dimmed, lights flicker very subtly. It’s hard to notice but once you’re in the room for a bit it becomes irritating.

Also the ramp up/down is not smooth at all.

Are either of these issues fixable with a firmware update? I’m only really concerned with the flicker.

Anyone used Phillips dimmable LED “filament” bulbs?

Just put dimmer in bathroom and existing bulbs in 6 bulb fixture are buzzing,

Like the look and idea of warmer colour temp as they dim of the LED filament style bulbs, would be handy to save on return if anyone has ones confirmed tested. List of known working bulbs in this Mega thread a little sparse for matches on the shelf around here in western Canada :frowning:

This is the single LED fixture i have hooked up with this dimmer in my kitchen. works perfectly! https://www.build.com/wac-lighting-fm-15rn/s1516062?uid=3556854

Acuity/Lithonia Lighting WF4 LED downlights are not compatible.

Eight WF4s (part number: WF4 LED 30K40K50K 90CRI) daisy-chained together with neutral. With and without an Aeotec Bypass in parallel, resulted in strobe light-like flickering across several dimming ranges. Lights would turn on at about 50% to strobing, settle in to “on”, then strobe again just shy of 100%.

I tried two different LZW31s which resulted in the same behavior. Once I swapped in a GE/Jasco 14294 switch the light output was smooth from 5% to 100%.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info…I finally found the BR30 bulb that should work…I hope!..I am coming from an Insteon system that was very fault tolerant of bulb type perhaps it is their design but I am finding that these dimmers are fairly fussy on bulb type…so far i have been replacing almost all my bulbs…almost…

1 Like

I’m glad I stumbled on your post. What did you end up doing? I’m considering moving my switches to another spot and placing the jasco’s where these cans are. I got the WF6’s and they have the exact same problem… I’m not too happy about this.

flickering2

EDIT: FYI a single one of these works fine. As soon as you have 2 or more, it’s disco-30.

Has anybody tried the SANSI 27W dimmable in a non-neutral install? Or any other LED recommendations with the correct wattage (>25)?
I only have one light with one bulb controlled by this switch (black series), and would really like to avoid having to install the bypass.
Thanks!