Dimmer Switches | Random Shut-off Issue | Data Collection Thread

• What type of bulb do you have connected to the switch (LED, CFL, Halogen, etc)? LED
  • What is the approximate Load Wattage? 100w
  • Bonus Points: Make/Model of your bulb(s)? EZ-A615-BA-2700K, company name Electric Zone
  • Switch Setup (ie: Single-Pole, 3-Way, 4-Way, etc)? 3 Way
  • AC Power Type: Neutral or Non-Neutral Setup? Neutral set up

Setting it to around 80% seems to make the random shutoff stop. Is there a fix for this problem yet? Not being able to use the lights in this area at 100% is an issue for me.

• What type of bulb do you have connected to the switch (LED, CFL, Halogen, etc)? LED
  • What is the approximate Load Wattage? 120w
  • Bonus Points: Make/Model of your bulb(s)? EZ-A615-BA-2700K, company name Electric Zone
  • Switch Setup (ie: Single-Pole, 3-Way, 4-Way, etc)? Single pole
  • AC Power Type: Neutral or Non-Neutral Setup? Neutral set up

Just had a lzw-31 (black dimmer) that’s wired in a single pole setup turn itself off randomly after a few minutes of being on today. Turned it back on and it was fine for the next few hours I had it on.

Installed a LZW-31 SN Red Dimmer to control 5, 9W LED can lights in my kitchen. The light will randomly freeze and flicker. Pulling the air gap fixes the problem temporarily, but it will happen again within a few minutes.

• What is the approximate Load Wattage? 45W
  • Bonus Points: Make/Model of your bulb(s)? Ecosmart
  • Switch Setup (ie: Single-Pole, 3-Way, 4-Way, etc)? Single-Pole
  • AC Power Type: Neutral or Non-Neutral Setup? Non-Neutral

What firmware version is your switch using?

@amdbuilder to be honest, I’m not entirely sure how to view the firmware version. I’m running Home Assistant on a raspberry pi. I only have a mac and from what I can tell I need windows for that based on this post: How do I update Switches in HA? - #6 by harjms. Do you know of a non-windows based solution?

@runr729 The only options I know are PC Controller on Windows or Hubitat upgrade tool. I’m not sure if HA allows you OTA upgrade or not.

Can you run a VM or you running new M1 Mac?

Questions:
I have had issues with several switches but this one happened today so I’m posting about it. I have an Alexa Good Night routine that turns off my TV, turns off some other lights and then turns my Outer Hall light to 35%. It’s been working for about the 1 week - 10 days since I created it. Today, suddenly, everything worked except the Outer Hall light didn’t turn on. Likewise, I have an Alexa Good Morning routine that also turns on this light to 35%, turns on the lights the good night routine turns off, and turns on the tv. I also did that one this morning and it worked fine.

I also have a Hubitat rule to turn it on to 35% with a button 7 push which was working fine. In fact, I used it this morning. When the Good Night routine didn’t turn on this light I tried pushing button 7 (i.e. the config button). That didn’t work either. After turning the light on and off with a physical button 1 push/held several times it suddenly started working again.

If you do have this issue, can you please answer the following questions for us:

• What type of bulb do you have connected to the switch (LED, CFL, Halogen, etc)?
    Halogen
  • What is the approximate Load Wattage?
    75W
  • Bonus Points: Make/Model of your bulb(s)?
    Philips Halogen 75 Watt Flood 25
  • Switch Setup (ie: Single-Pole, 3-Way, 4-Way, etc)?
    Single Pole (but there are Hubitat Rules for other switches that can also turn this on. However, there are no associations between this switch and anyother).
  • AC Power Type: Neutral or Non-Neutral Setup?
    Neutral

Params 1-4, 0, 3, 0, 0. Params 9 and 10 to 99. Params 12, 22 and 51 are not set.

Photos of bulb: