Error when using two Blue 2-in-1s together in a Z2M group (rampRateOffToOnRemote)

Hi all,

I’m receiving the following error for 2 separate Blue 2-in-1s that are setup in the Z2M group called “Basement Main Lights”.

2023-09-15 22:28:13 Publish 'set' 'state' to 'Basement Main Lights' failed: 'TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'rampRateOffToOnRemote')'

If I turn on/off each of the single pole lights individually I don’t get the error. It’s only when I turn on the group that has both switches in it that I receive this error. The good news is that it’s still working but I’d like to understand what is going on so I can fix it.

A little more background for context:
I have a room at home with a Blue 2-in-1 switch at each end. The room has a bulk head that splits the room in half. On each side of the bulk head, I have 4 LED downlights controlled by the nearest Inovelli blue switch. The wiring was done so that each of the groups of downlights are connected as a single pole so that the nearest switch can turn on/off/dim the nearest set of 4 downlights. I have an automation that when double pressing up on either switch will turn both lights on to 20% brightness and then holding up or down will brighten/dim both groups of lights. To do this, I have both “front” and “back” dimmers in a Z2M group titled “Basement Main Lights”. The setup works but as mentioned above I am getting the called out error I’d like to correct.

1 Like

I submitted this issue a few days ago with the intention of looking into it further. It seems like some of the device-specific parameters aren’t being populated in the group, and I can “fix” the issue in Z2M by accommodating the “undefined” return value when it looks for rampRateOffToOnRemote in zigbee-herdsman-converters/src/devices/inovelli.ts and just return a default value. As I mentioned in the issue, I’m also seeing some weird group behavior where sometimes non-Inovelli devices in a group don’t turn on in response to a group command sent by Z2M, and it’s always accompanied by this error. I haven’t conclusively determined if guarding against the error fixes it, but it does make the error message go away.

I also see that the author did some refactoring a few days ago (move all devices to TypeScript) and there’s now an annotation there, so perhaps the latest dev version changed the behavior.

I’m seeing the same issues. And sporadic behavior of the group turning on and off.