I have had the inovelli red switch for a couple of years now and it has been powering my outdoor lights faithfully.
But on Saturday it stopped responding. I use it with Hubitat and I have a program to turn it on just after sunset and off at 11pm.
This past Saturday it responded to the turn on command but then it failed to send the hourly power usage messages and it has been “dead” ever since.
Is there a way to tell if it is dead and needs to be replaced? I have cut the power to the circuit that it is connected to a couple of times hoping to “reboot” it. But nothing.
I even moved my Hubitat closer to the switch in case there was some new interference that came online. The hub is now about 20 feet away with direct line of sight (no walls or other obstructions)
I should have mentioned that when I press and hold the config button nothing happens. I have held it for 10-15 seconds to get to the menu and for 20+ seconds to reset it.
Is there a fuse that may have blown?
Most likely is dead. I don’t know if there is a user replaceable fuse or component that will recover it if it’s truly dead though.
I have two LZW31-SN switches that have failed in a nearly identical way. They’re older models, with a datecode of 1019, and I was using them with dumb 3-way switches, for about 3-4 years. On mine, I noticed the following symptoms:
- The light doesn’t turn on any more.
- When you push the paddle switch, nothing happens
- When you send it a zwave command, it does not respond with a valid zwave message.
- When I push the config button 3 times, I was able to get at least one of them into inclusion/exclusion mode, but it didn’t do any good.
- When I hold down the config button for 30 seconds, I don’t get the red LED that would indicate a successful factory reset.
I’m curious, just for curiosity’s sake, how many of those symptoms/conditions are also true of your dead switch.
Regardless, I’m pretty sure they’re “All Dead” and the only thing we can do is check the pockets for loose change. I actually disassembled one to see if there was an obviously failed component I could see and potentially replace, and didn’t find anything.