Lights flicker at all levels after an extended brown out. Should I replace switches?

I had an extended brown out for about a half hour at 4am a couple weeks back. During the brown out, the lights on all the switches kept alternating colors. It was crazy.

After power finally restored, most everything worked as it should except for 2 switches, both LZW31-SN

Regardless of dim level, the light flickers. I thought there was damage to the light fixture at first until I turned on another switch that I don’t use often and saw the same behavior on it which powers 3 different light fixtures all exhibiting the same blinking. That makes me think the 2 switches were damaged during the brown out.

The switches still function and turn on and off the lights and dim them, however the lights blink constantly similiar to the blinking when at low dim levels.

Is there any troubleshooting I should do on the switches first or should I just replace them?

Firmware level 1.48 on both switches (and in fact all the switches in the entire house).

Here is the state variables on the more important switch (my son’s bedroom).

State Variables

• parameter2value : 101
  • parameter5value : 22
  • parameter21value : 1
  • actualAssociation4 : []
  • actualAssociation3 : []
  • parameter10value : 0
  • parameter8value : 0
  • oldLabel : Jacob’s Room
  • parameter19value : 3600
  • parameter13value : 170
  • rfProtectionState : 0
  • parameter22value : 0
  • lastRan : 1660559700407
  • parameter3value : 101
  • parameter52value : 0
  • parameter9value : 0
  • parameter6value : 99
  • parameter17value : 3
  • localProtectionState : 0
  • parameter14value : 5
  • parameter11value : 0
  • parameter51value : 1
  • parameter7value : 0
  • parameter15value : 1
  • parameter4value : 0
  • parameter18value : 10
  • needfwUpdate : false
  • defaultG3 : []
  • actualAssociation2 : []
  • parameter1value : 3
  • defaultG2 : []
  • actualAssociation1 : [01]
  • defaultG1 : [01]
  • parameter12value : 15
  • parameter20value : 10

Have you tried resetting the circuit breaker or reset using the air gap switch in the switch?

2 Likes

Air gap fixed all the switches. Even the basement 4-way smart bulb ones I forgot about. It has been a while since I installed them and had in my mind that the air gap would factory reset them. I have a fair amount of routines set up in Hubitat and didn’t want to deal with setting those up again.

Silly now thinking of it as it the air gap would just remove power from the switch. All set. Thank you.

2 Likes