Lightstrip Sale & Discontinuation

Bummer - i used these in my kitchen remodel and really like them. Searching for a place to put some more at closeout prices and coming up empty. :frowning:

I appreciate the transparency. Will this sale ever be reflected on AAR Tech for your Canadian fans? I’d love to buy some of these, but they didn’t really fit my allowance for home automation. At 50% off, with my birthday coming up…the stars are aligning!

1 Like

Under bed, mantle, bar, man cave… Possibilities are endless :wink:

I don’t think so. Aartech wants us to buy the kits back from them as they aren’t selling well for them either, and because we are clearing them out they don’t want them anymore either. They could also put them on sale but I don’t think they are going to.

Is the connector for the light strips some type of standard? I’m wondering if I can use the controller with other generic light strips. Sites like SupeerBrightLEDs have a large variety od LED strips in rolls, but I realize many of them won’t work with this driver.

Perhaps if you start by publishing the specs on the controllers, can drive a community effort to create an open firmware

3 Likes

A random secondary question here for @Eric_Inovelli

I love the LED strip for two reasons- the controller/firmware are nice, but the strip itself is the real beautiful thing. There’s a ton of decent but not amazing LED strip out there. The Inovelli tape is one of the best I’ve used.

Point is… Would you or your manufacturer consider selling the raw tape, like as spools? Or can you point to where to get more of it without the connectors?

4 Likes

If you are able to add support for lesser (other) strips, that may help some. I feel bad using such nice controllers for lesser tasks like floor lighting under cabinets.

For those in Canada, we do have lots of stock of these and all the accessories and the strip is indeed on sale! Do keep in mind the exchange rate if you compare prices. No duty/exchange/hidden surprises for Canadians.

https://www.aartech.ca/lzw45/inovelli-smart-led-rgb-light-strip