LZW30-SN On/Off Switch Availability & Questions

I need some new z-wave switches. I have a bunch of HomeSeer switches, but I need at least one where I can make the load control virtual only and I saw the last time I was shopping for switches that Inovelli have that feature so now that I’m investing again I’d like to get at lest one. A couple of questions:

1. The On/Off switches seem to be out of stock in the few places I’ve looked. Have the been discontinued or did I just get unlucky with when I needed my new switches?
  2. Can the Dimmer switches be set to on/off mode? Seems a bit of a waste to include the dimming hardware if you’re only ever going to do on/off, but if I’m in a bit of a hurry and I want a virtual load control switch, they’re at least in stock. I read through the instructions and didn’t see any mention of this feature, but thought I’d double check.
    It seems like HomeSeer has decided to only sell one switch where you choose either dimmer mode or on/off mode before you include it. Has Inovelli gone the same route?
  3. Are the physical dimensions of the switches published anywhere? I have a very tight double gang box that I wasn’t able to fit the older HomeSeer switches in and was wondering if these might be any smaller.

The black series, which is the non-scene capable version has, but the red series (LZW30-SN/LZW31SN) is still produced. Inovelli products in general come in and out of stock due to a variety of factors, including their popularity and Inovelli’s inability to get their manufacturer to produce enough for demand (or something like that) . . .

The dimmers can be set to on/off, so long as the load is supported by a dimmer. So for example, controlling lights are OK; controlling a bathroom fan is not. The added benefit is you get a larger LED, beneficial if you use notifications.

The dimmer is approximately 1 1/4" deep. Heat sink tabs can removed if the load permits.

2 Likes

Thanks for the good info, Bry!

How do you set the Dimmers to on/off mode?

1.25" depth. Got it. How about width/height?

Parameter 52 - 0 - Normal, 1 - On / Off only mode, 2 - Smart Bulb Mode

Width:
1 3/4" without heat sink tabs
2 1/8" with heat sink tabs on both sides

• Max Wattage: See below – maximum will vary based on bulb type and whether the heat sink tabs are removed or not
  1. Heat Sink Tabs Not Removed: 400W Incandescent, 300W LED, 150W CFL
  2. One (1) Side Heat Sink Tabs Removed: 300W Incandescent, 200W LED, 150W CFL
  3. Two (2) Sides Heat Sink Tabs Removed: 200W Incandescent, 150W LED, 100W CF

Height:
4 1/8" - fits a standard switch box (US)

2 Likes

Just wanted to confirm everything @Bry said – thank you sir!

1 Like