LZw31 black series switches Button Reports

I’m on SmartThings and I don’t know Hubitat. @harjms can weigh in. This doesn’t sound like a firmware issue; more of a programmatic one.

Your issue is not completely clear to me, but it sounds like you are saying that when the lights turned off at 10:00 am, Hubitat reported it as a physical event vs a zwave one. I’m not sure what the follow-on rule is that this messes up, but I’d think that you’d just be concerned with the status of the switch, on or off, not exactly how it got turned off. Maybe I’m missing something.

Maybe you can post something showing the switch’s status post 10:00 am and the rule that follows that is messed up by whatever is going wrong.

I suppose it could be a hubitat problem. In hubitat events for on or off are reported as digital or physical. I have different rules for if someone physically turns a switch off by hand vs hubitat turning the switch off by things like lack of motion. I logged into hubitat and i can send a on or off command to these switches and the log shows it as a physical on or off.

Heres one example, its a black dimmer running 1.48. From within hubitat i sent a couple of on and off commands and the log shows it as physical instead of digital. I have a black non dimmer running 1.21 that reports as digital when I do the same thing.

1 Like

Are you using hubitat’s or Inovelli drivers?

Inovellis, and I recently made sure I had the latest ones

no idea ill try this out and report my findings mine have been acting pretty wierd lately as well

1 Like

well… does someone know how to reset this things to factory… 3 of my switches that i thought were good all work via associations but little did i know when i turn on debug logging… its not registering anything at all… on hubitat the state change from off to on and such… but nothing in the logs

Referring to the dimmers? 20 seconds + on the config button. Look for the LED to turn red.

okay thanks ill try that and reflash them because ive tested all 4 now all with new firmware and none are reporting anything… odd thing is they are controlling the bulbs just fine… all bulbs at home are inovelli illumin directly associated to each corresponding switch.

tried that, didnt work… tried and exclusion, didnt work forced removed ot from hubitat, and now i cant get it to do anything lol what do you think? :thinking:

You didn’t see the red flash and then reboot?

not at all… if i hold the config button for more than 20 secs it does nothing… if i tape it 3 time id flashes blue… when i set the hub to exclusion doesnt exclude nothing

Do you see it go yellow or green during the hold??

nope stays blue… no color changes or flashes, currently holding it 30 secs and counting lol

Try pulling the air gap to reboot it and then try the factory reset.

1 Like

working on it ill report back… in a few

There is a problem with associations and not reporting changes on the switches. I think the device switched via an association doesn’t report it changed.

1 Like

Yea the config button isn’t really working then. I’d expect you’d be able to use signal strength indicator or set parameters. What if you tap it 8x quickly?

1 Like

Okay, so I have successfully reset the switch… I Paired it with my Hub, Only parameters changed are (Local Control Disabled and Smart Bulb mode)…

I have Enabled The logs to see what happens… i click on the switch (up or down) and nothing… the hub doesnt show any activity on the switch…

Forgot to mention right now the switch isnt controlling anything… I could pair it via associations to inovelli bulbs and it works but… what if i wanted to use other kind of smart bulbs…

Im on Firmware 1.57 /1.44

@Eric_Inovelli @EricM_Inovelli figured i tag you guys on this perhaps a bug or something? or is this not intended to work with other types or smart bulbs if at all?

The black series isn’t meant to work with other smart bulbs, but can work with associated devices. It can also control a load of course.

@waffles2 I will modify the driver to be able to more accurately detect physical fs digital. If you want to make the change right now you can change the TWO LINES that have this:

dimmerEvents(cmd, (!state.lastRan || now() <= state.lastRan + 2000)?“digital”:“physical”)

to this:

dimmerEvents(cmd, (!state.lastRan || now() <= state.lastRan + 5000)?“digital”:“physical”)

1 Like