LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2) and GE Aux switch - No Neutral wire

Ok, so unless @JohnRob or @harjms disagree, I think you have what I posted in my last diagram. Here is your double box pic annotated.

1 Like

So you have a line and load in the same box. It’s a modified version of this:

1 Like

So you need to get to this:

Excellent!! Thank you guys so much for your help!!

Ok, great. The Inovelli goes in the double box.

Double Box

• The black from the 2-wire goes to the Load on the Inovelli
  • Pigtail a white conductor from the white neutral bundle to the Neutral on the Inovelli.
  • Disconnect the white from the 3-wire from the Load bundle with the two blacks. Connect it to the neutral bundle.
  • Pigtail a black conductor and connect it to the Line on the Inovelli
  • Connect the red from the 3-wire to the Traveler on the Inovelli.
  • Remove and cap off the black from the 3-wire. It won’t be used.

Single Box

• Aux goes here
  • Cap off the black. It isn’t used.
  • Red to the Traveler terminal on the Aux
  • White (painted black) to the Neutral on the Aux
1 Like

This is what I have now… I didn’t have a black conductor, so I used a yellow instead to go into the Line on the Inovelli. I haven’t turned on the power yet… How does it look?

That seems like it is correct. In the single box that is the white wire that was painted black, right?

Correct- in the single-box, I took the white wire that was painted black (the one with the black tape on it) and connected into the Neutral on the Aux. The other black wire is capped.

I’m thrilled to report- NO SPARKS! The lights turn on and off from the inovelli switch, but not from the Aux switch. Do I need to follow steps #5 & 6 in this sheet?

Yes. What hub are you using?

Your parameter 21, power type is neutral:1
Your parameter 22, switch type is multi-aux:2

Or set it at the switch per the instructions you posted.

Hubitat - I’ve added it via Z-Wave (along with the inovelli drivers), so I do see it on the network now.

@Bry - Good job figuring it out.

@JonathanL - Much easier time set parameters through Hubitat vice switch. Should be easy to find under the switch.

Yes - THANK YOU @Bry and @JohnRob!!! I NEVER could have done this without you guys!! Where can I send $$?? Seriously. Please let me know.

Hopefully 1 last question - within Hubitat, I’ve got AC Power Type set to “Neutral” (I could also select No-Selection or Non Neutral) and Switch Type is “3-way Toggle” (I also have a choice of No Selection, Load Only or 3-way Momentary). Do these sound correct?

2 Likes

@JonathanL Set to neutral (since you have neutral connected) and set to 3 way momentary since you’re using an Aux switch.

Edit: Make sure you hit Save preferences after selecting the changes.

2 Likes

Dang, can I just say how awesome @Bry, @JohnRob and @harjms are? You guys truly embody what we stand for here as a community. Smart home owners helping smart home owners.

Truly appreciate you guys and I loved following this thread… From a safe distance that is lol.

PS - @JonathanL I was waiting for the support ticket to come thru with the title, “Switch blew up house… Need replacement”.

3 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli - Just wait until you get @Bry or @JohnRob 's bills… :slight_smile:

Just glad we (we’ll mainly Bryan’s/John’s) can help, and allow others to enjoy Inovelli’s products.

1 Like

HA!! I loved your comment Eric! You’re exactly correct! So lucky to have have great guys in the community! I’m truly in awe of @Bry & @JohnRob! Thanks again for all of your hard work guys!! :grinning:

1 Like

@Bry @JohnRob - Is it possible to DM you via this forum?

Yes, click on the circle top right with your initial, then the Messages envelope icon.

@Bry - I guess since I’m so new to this forum, I’m not allowed to create a DM :frowning: Can you send me one, maybe I can respond?