LZW31-SN, HUE, SmartThings - Need how to

Did you reset the switch after updating the firmware. When parameters are added or changed, the switch memory can conflict with the updated settings.

Recommend hard resetting the switch.

@kreene1987 Yes I reset the switch after firmware and have done so several times since.

1 Like

I give up, unless some one else has a brilliant idea. Anyone from Inovelli want to chime in?

Patched in 4 more hue bulbs to give more load (now a total of 8) along with the 2 bypasses. So much for my pile of cool dimmers which were promised to work with hue bulbs way back when they were pre-released. :roll_eyes:

Hey Robert,

First, let me just apologize for all the frustration it looks like you’re going through. I haven’t had as much time to pop in the forum due to the Blue Series and, as you said, the hard work that is going into it. I usually try to pop in as many threads as I can to help, but this one slipped until I was writing up a tutorial on ST and Hue and came across it.

Second, let me try to consolidate what’s happening so I can better help. If it comes down to needing to flash firmware for you or swap them out to Blue Series for you, I’m happy to do so.

The Red Series definitely work with Hue and I’ve had them working on SmartThings since before they were released, so I’m not sure what’s going on in this setup. There were some instances where a bypass was needed, but those were in non-neutral settings. There was also firmware bug that did affect some Hue setups, but that was rare and was fixed as well.

I realize that in some setups things didn’t work as expected and yes, using this experience we have improved on new switches as that’s typically how technology works.

But let’s solve your problem as I’m sure you don’t want to hear my sob story as to how we try our best.

Can you let me know what your exact setup is that you’re having a problem with? I realize this is probably in the thread somewhere, but I got lost along the way trying to keep up.

1. Single Pole setup?
  2. Neutral or Non-neutral?
  3. How many bulbs - 4?
  4. What firmware is your switch on?
  5. Seems like it worked at one point and not the next, can you briefly explain what happened and what happens when you roll back to a firmware that worked?

Again, we’ll make sure to take care of you one way or another. Be it buying them back, fixing the firmware or swapping it for Blue Series - sorry again for the issues, that’s never what we (or me) like to read.

Edit: also, can these instructions be improved upon (setup #2 relates to Hue)? They should walk through how to use ST with a smart bulb: https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-control-a-smart-bulb-from-a-smart-switch-smartthings

I will be attempting to write better ones now that we have the KB installed.