LZW31-SN Red Dimmer - Home Assistant Zwave-JS Transitions Issue

I’m running into an issue where I am not able to specify brightness transition time using Home Assistant, and I’m not sure if it is because of Home Assistant, the Zwave-JS add-on, the switch, or some combination of the three.

For example, when I make the following service call in Home Assistant, it changes the brightness to 99%, but the transition is not over 30 seconds:

service: light.turn_on
target:
entity_id: light.kitchen_table_light
data:
transition: 30
brightness_pct: 99

Instead, it seems like the transition time is being dictated only by parameter 1 (dimming speed), which is set at the default 3 seconds, and not the transition time specified in the service call. If I change parameter 1, then when I change brightness it transitions at the number of seconds I specified in the parameter, but still not the transition set in the standard service call where brightness and transition is normally specified. This is an issue since setting different transitions in different automations (or no transition at all) has no effect and the transition always occurs in the transition time specified in parameter 1.

I suspect this may be due to the way this switch is being handled by Zwave-JS, but that is beyond my level of understanding. Thanks for your help.

This feature of the Light integration is not implemented in ZwaveJS yet.

2 Likes