LZW31-SN Routines Not Working with New Device Handler

@magnum003 Glad you got this working. Interestingly, another poster just had the same issue you had and also was being presented the button menus we didn’t recognize. When you have a moment, can you please post a screenshot of the Pendant Lights page in the IDE with the Child Devices section displayed. Like you posted above, but not cut off at the raw description. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here’s the IDE page for the Pendant Lights. I captured 3 different screen shots since there’s a pretty long list of parameters.

1 Like

Thanks! “Interesting” child objects . . …

I renamed the child object names because i couldn’t keep track of which button was which across the two dimmers. Of course, that’s OBE now that I’ve learned to add the routine through the smart lighting automation.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m having this issue as well and went through all the threads. I just connected my dimmer, along with custom device handler, seems to work fine, except the same problem with using button pushes to trigger events. I’ve tried using Smart Lighting, ABC, and Routines, none work. If you look at screenshot, device is not in use by any apps as I have been deleting them and re-trying one by one and over and over, so currently nothing there. But everything in this thread I have tried, and nothing seems to work.

Any help? And please don’t ask me to delete & re-add… not going to do it, spent too much time today adding this device to my routines / smart apps (is a replacement for a 7+ year old failing dimmer switch).

Go into the switch’s settings in the app and turn the physical delay back on. You presently have it disabled. When it’s disabled, button presses aren’t recognized (except for a 1x top and config button). Your parameter 51 should be 1, not 0.

Great, that fixed it.

Awesome switch. I was going to buy another generic dimmer to replace my failing dimmer, but saw the features of this and spent the few extra bucks. Glad I did, such cool features. :grinning:

Oh, and you should update your Amazon description, as it says the full features only work with old version of SmartThings, but as far as I can tell, all features are working for me. I can map button pushes, change LED, etc, along with usual turning on/off and dimming.

Can you post the link to the description? I didn’t think there were currently any Inovelli products on Amazon.

Inovelli ZWave Dimmer Switch (Red Series) | No Neutral Required | Energy Monitoring, Repeater, 3-Way Smart Switch Technology, LED RGB Notifications, Signal Indicator | Z-Wave Plus w/S2 - - Amazon.com

Says not available now, but I literally just received this yesterday from Amazon, from that link… And it appears the product description is gone too where it said you needed old version of SmartThings to make use of all the features. In one of the pictures says you must use classic app.

1 Like