LZW36 Questions

Just received my first Inovelli device today and that is the LZW36 switch. I opened things up and I’m not sure on the wiring configuration based on the diagrams I found.

The switch I am replacing is a Lutron Skylark S2-LFSQH (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-Skylark-1-5-Amp-Single-Pole-3-Speed-Combination-Fan-and-Light-Control-White-S2-LFSQH-WH/100059262).

So it appears that the red goes to the light, yellow connects to a black wire and goes to the fan and a 2nd black wire that connects to line. Then neutral is in the back of the box, no problem.

From the fan (Hunter 28074), there is a white, a black and a black & white that connects to a red wire from the ceiling.

At this point, I’m not certain what gets capped off or tied together. I thought I should come here before taking a stab at it.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

@DJConan - First thing we need to find is the neutral in that switch box. Hopefully it’s in there.

So, the BLK connected to HOT wire on Lutron will be the LINE to the Inovelli device. You will also attach the BLK wire connected to the YELLOW wire of Lutron device to either the LINE port of the Inovelli or you can bundle all the hots together and use a pigtail to Inovelli switch. This will now be the LINE to the canopy module. The RED will be capped off on both sides. Find the neutral (WHT) and attach that to the Inovelli switch.

At the fan, connect the canopy per the drawing (wire bundle neutral to canopy and fan), BLK (from switch box) to LINE on Inovelli canopy, BLUE from canopy to the BLK/WHT on fan for light, and the RED into the fan’s BLK wire.

Hopefully that makes sense? Let us know if you have any questions.

1 Like

That was perfect. Thank you so much for your detailed help and fast response. I’m not sure I would have gotten this right without your assistance. It is installed and working. Now for the fun part… :smile:

3 Likes