Multitiap not working in Smartthings

I just realized it didn’t apply the correct DH. It applied “Inovelli Dimmer” and not “Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN”

Sorry for so many posts. I tried to set up a multi-tap once I corrected the DH and it works. This is one of the switches that would not work before. I know there are still issues but feel like we’ve made some progress.

No worries about all the posts. Just want to get you going. It did seem to include better this time but interestingly the firmware version isn’t listed. It should be in the Ver field.

And yes, I would look at getting rid of 0E. You do not want any ghost devices in your path to the hub.

I would follow any removal of ghost devices with a few Network repairs, then repeat with the factory reset and exclusion before re-adding.

Things shouldn’t be this difficult, but sometimes you just never know.

Just for the sake of trying I moved the hub so that it is about 8 feet away and has line of sight to the switch. It still applied the wrong “Inovellil Dimmer” DH (which is fine I can change it to the correct one). However, I believe it finally did what it was supposed to.

Could this really be caused by a wall being between the hub and switch?

I have added all 3 switches now and everything is connected securely and working without any ghost devices.

That’s exactly what it’s supposed to look like.

There is not telling about the wall. In your case, this really is the first legitimately paired Z-wave device, so you did not have the benefit of the mesh to rely upon. That’s my long answer for "I have no idea . . "

Since it keeps grabbing the wrong DH, if you only have the red dimmers, remove the incorrect one.

Hopefully the next two will be easier. Same thing to start off though, factory reset and general exclude.

My 2 cents, I have had luck on ST using the by vendor and finding the red series dimmer then scanning the qr code when it asked for it. Might be a more informative way of getting to the right DTH.

I’ve never tried the direct from QR code.

Glad you are close/working, but I’ll be tracking this in case further issues arise. Z-wave is finnicky until you get about 5 z-wave devices meshing, then it cleans up nicely.

Everything is working as expected now. Thanks for the additional follow up.

1 Like