NZW97 exclusion mode or reset?

Hi, I have an NZW97 outdoor plug which has been fantastic for me (I’m a little bummed they are discontinued to be honest). I’m switching hubs right now, and I can’t figure out how to get it into exclusion mode. When my hub is in exclusion mode, I try 1-5 taps of the NZ97 button, and it just turns the power off/on. Tried holding the button, tapping it a bunch of times, etc. The manual doesn’t have any specific details regarding exclusion or reset. Anyone done this before?

Hey @zacs - what you could do is unplug the plug from the wall, start the exclusion proceeds and then plug it into the wall and it should auto-exclude.

Same with pairing. Unplug from the wall, start the inclusion process and it should auto-include.

Let me know if it helps!

This worked perfectly on the first try. The one thing I didn’t think to try! Thanks a bunch @Eric_Inovelli!

1 Like

I gotchu @zacs :slight_smile:

Adding here for others, moving from ST to HE:
I was able to exclude my NZW97 from ST using the method above (just unplug and plug back in once ST is in exclusion mode).

Then when I tried to add this to HE, well… My mobile app crashed while it was in inclusion mode. I didn’t see the device in HE, so I tried again, and again, and again… Then I put HE in exclusion mode and plugged the NZW97 in and HE excluded an unknown z-wave device. When I then tried inclusion it worked perfectly. Hope this helps someone else.

How do I remove the device or reset if I cannot exclude it from my hub? My Smartthings devices were removed from the app and now I cannot see them to exclude them first.

I have the GoControl Garage Door opener and it was able to restore to the factory defaults and that allowed me to pull it back in…not much luck on the Schlage Locks , the CE Connect Switches, or this inovelli device.

The NZW97 is a Zwave device, so you ought to be able to do a general exclusion from the hub.

Generally, you start the exclusion on the hub and then kick off the include process. The NZW97 does an auto-inclusion on power-up. So start the general exclusion on the hub with the device unplugged, then plug it in once the general exclusion is running.

I don’t have one of those, but that is how I’d do it.

Also check out:

1 Like