I have a NZW97 which was paired with a Wink hub which is now physically gone. I have tried various inclusions with rapidly pressing the button 5 times within 2 seconds to see if that would allow it to enter an inclusion, but that hasn’t seemed to work.
1 - start inclusion on hub, plug in, no result
2 - start exclusion on new hub, plug in, no result, try #1 again after
3 - start inclusion on hub, plug in, press button 5 times
4 - start exclusion on new hub, press button 5 times, try #1 and #3 again
I have tried pressing the button 5 times quick, slower, 10 times (on and off 5 times).
Am I out of luck here with no old hub to exclude from?
You ought to be able to do a General Exclusion. I don’t use Hubitat, but here is how to do it from their manual, Section 5.1.
Have you tried the following sequence of events?
- Plug in NZW97, wait 2 minutes
- Start exclusion on hub and press button 5x
- Wait 1 minute
- Start inclusion on hub and press button 5x
I followed this but the following tweaks seemed to be needed for it to work on my 7-8th attempt.
- waited 10 mins (I tried 5 earlier, YMMV) after plugging in
1.1) I believe what was most important was the plug was ON first, solid light. Then the 5 presses seemed to count.
- I did the general exclusion (top right z-Wave details, exclude) instead of the exclusion on the device discovery.
I’m not sure which of the above made the difference but I appreciate the support!