Pulling my hair out! What am I doing wrong? 3-way

SOLVED IT! Apparently I had to set parameter 21 Ac power type to 1, even though according to documentation, default should already be a 1.

YES I HAVE CHECKED THE HOT LINE WITH A MULTI-METER. 120VAC

I wanted to make new topic as I am working on a different light.

Just to be clear of the capabilities, I should be able to turn my inovelli down (light turns off), then go to my dumb switch and flip it the opposite way it currently is and the light should turn on, correct?

I am using a red series dimmer switch. I have set parameter 22 (13 taps on config button) to 1. (1 blink of purple).

Where am I going wrong? Heres my wiring.

Did you try setting parameters from the hub?

@nappyjim https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/inovelli-wiring-diagrams-dimmer-switches-gen-2#Wiring_Diagrams_for_Gen_2_Dimmer_Switches Is the diagram for what you are trying to do. Can you take a picture of inside the J Box? As long as nothing strange in the boxes looks as the wiring is correct. My suggestion would be the same as @harjms try using the hub to set parameters. I did not like how the switches function with the “dumb”switch in the circuit.

@harjms @Sky320

I figured it out. Apparently parameter 21 AC POWER TYPE needed to be set to 1(neutral). According to documentation default is a 1, but i guess not. Now its working.

2 Likes

Very good, glad its going now!

@nappyjim - I think default is 0 for those non neutral homes, but definitely need to setup 21 and 22. Easy fix!