Red Dimmer Dumb switch action

I have a Red Series Dimmer (firmware 1.57) set up in a 3-way with a Dumb switch at the other end. I am using Hubitat (2.29.140).

I have Rule Machine rule that works fine from the smart switch. I can not seam to determine how to trigger a rule form the Dumb switch. My question is what trigger do I need to us in Hubitat when the Dumb switch is turned on?

Thank you for your help.

The dumb switch itself does not have a state. If your goal is to differentiate between which switch is used, that will not work. It simply controls the state of the main switch.

Your trigger would be the main switch turning on/off.

I do not see this as an option. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Dimmer

Dining room button #1 is not being pushed when you’re controlling the AUX switch. That is a physical press of the button on your Inovelli switch.

It’s been a very long time since I’ve used RM and I moved all of my devices off of HE so I doubt I can walk you through step by step. The trigger you’re looking for isn’t a button push, it’s a state change of your Dining Room light. Pressing the AUX switch turns the dining room light on/off without physically pushing the button on the Dining Room light switch. So the trigger needs to be the light turning off/on not the press of the button.

Does that make sense?

Scene control vs state change.

Aux has no scene control exposed to HE, so you need to do switch state changed (could be on/off OR level).

Thank you very much for the help. I had to scroll all they way to the bottom of the list to find “Switch”. Once I selected it, I was able to chose the “on” state.
BumbAux

1 Like