Red Series Dimmer - 4 Way: Lights turn on and then off immediately

I have 3 red series dimmers set up as a 4-way switch. When I turn one on, the lights will turn on, then turn off immediately.

I have a scene where the switches are set to turn on with a brightness of 75. When I run the scene in home assistant, I can see the lights turn on then immediately dim to 69. Alternatively, I have a scene which sets their brightness to 100. This one works without issue.

When I turn off the lights using the switch, the lights will dim about 20% (although they are configured to turn off). I have to hit the switch again for the lights to turn off.

Any idea what could be happening here? I have about 28 red series dimmers + on/off switches set up in my house. This 4-way configuartion is the only one messing with me. I’ve updated to the latest firmware.

Can you explain more about your setup on the settings side of each switch? You will not want dimming, so I assume the non-load switches are set up in on/off mode, then you’ve associated the switches and changed parameters to not cause a loop, then set up the main switch in 3-way (momentary or toggle?)?

Complicated setup, but we’ll get you there!

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate the support on this.

Any reason I wouldn’t want dimming?

I sort of fumbled through the setup side, using a post on this forum as reference.

LOAD SWITCH (L)
Group 3 (Multilevel set) | Target: Non-Load 1 (NL1)
Group 3 | Target Non-Load 2 (NL2)
Group 4 (Multi start/stop)| Target: NL1
Group 4 | Target NL2
Parameter 12: on

NL1
Group 3 | Target: L
Group 4 | Target: L
Parameter 12: off

NL2
Group 3 | Target: L
Group 4 | Target: L
Parameter 12: off

I’m sort of following steps blindly… so chances are I messed something up along the way. What other info would be helpful? Thanks again!

Will review, I was speaking directly to dimming on the non-load dimmers as that would confuse the load switch. This setup should moreso be via z-wave associations with only one switch controlling load than actually using the traveller and 3-way setup at the load switch.