Red Switch - Smarthings Timer - Buttons

I am trying to figure out how to set up a timer for each button press.

ie… Tap up 1 x Timer sets light on for 10 mins
Tap up 2 x Timer sets lights on for 30 mins
Tap up 3 x Timer sets lights on for 1 hr.

In smarthings i can see the timer feature for the switch. But how do i set and control what 2 x, 3x control a timer function? I have searched but not sure i am searching the for the right things.

Any help or direction to a post i am missing would be great.

When I was using ST I used a SmartApp installed via IDE called ABC Controller (ABC - Advanced Button Controller - Newest Edition - Community Created SmartApps - SmartThings Community). Essentially this allowed me to see each button press and do different things based on that. I never did explicitly set a timer with it so unsure if that is an option, but worth checking out!

I removed ST from my setup so no longer have the ability to see it, but you might also be able to do something based on Smart Lighting smartapp, but I’m not 100% sure.

I think you’re going to have to do this with a rule. I use webCore.

Basically, the logic is IF Button X is pushed THEN turn on the light, wait for 10 minutes, turn off the light.

1 Like

I checked both of those while I was posting above. Those will both work with buttons, but unfortunately only for a single event, at least as far as I can see. So that kills the timer then off part.

Ok so you want the “turn on” and “delay” and “turn off” to be done via one button command sent.

Yep I think WebCore is going to be your best/only option.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. I was hoping i did not have to dive into WebCore. Didnt want the learning cure. However i jumped in and was able to create the timer that i was looking for. Thanks for the help or the push to use the right tools to do the job.

2 Likes