SmartThings Edge Drivers: LZW30-SN, LZW30, LZW31-SN, LZW31, LZW36, LZW41, LZW42, LZW45, LZW60, VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN, VZW31-SN, VZM36, NZW30, NZW31

Well that’s frustrating. Wish there was a place that tracked outstanding issues.

thanks for the heads up though!

@EricM_Inovelli @Eric_Inovelli I am having the same issue with the fan module, I’ve created the virtual dimmers and set the smart lighting to mirror. When I turn the Main Switch on it turns both the fan and light on and updates the virtual switches but selecting the virtual switched on doesnt control the devices. I am unable to use a routine to test this as the isn’t an option for the channels I see only the main. I am also seeing a rather long delay in the light turning off after pressing the physical button (about 10-15 seconds).

I am guessing still no way to update the Blue’s firmware on Smartthings? I haven’t heard anything new on their forums

I don’t think it’s available yet (or if/when).

1 Like

Lately my Black dimmer on the edge driver has been somewhat unstable. It will go offline in Smartthings, but somehow even when it shows offline it will take commands with a long delay. Alexa control will stop working in this state.

I’m pushing an update to the LZW36 driver that has 3 options in the device settings:

1. Create Light Child Device
    This will create a child device for the light endpoint.
  2. Create Fan Child Device
    This will create a child device for the fan endpoint.
  3. Disable Root Endpoint Control
    Make it so that the main switch does not control both the fan and light at the same time. Useful if you want to only use the child devices for control. Helpful if you use voice control and don’t want the main device to be controlled along with the child devices.

I’ve been testing for a lot of the day and everything seems to be working for me, but let me know if there are any issues. It might take a few hours to show up for you.

3 Likes

So excited to see this. I tried the method @Jamesonrw suggested and it did create the child devices for me as well. The Z Wave Switch from Smartthings now has the Version “2023-05-09T18:33:45.26072198”. Inovelli Driver shows 2022-10-04. I wonder how long updates take to hit the hub and if there are any ways to speed up hub to check.

Update.
I was curious so I updated my Fan+Light devices to SmartThings Driver, it created the child devices. I then uninstalled/reinstalled the Inovelli driver from the invitation page. That pushed the newest version of the driver down to my hub.
I changed my devices from the SmartThings driver to Inovelli, this worked but my fan had a dimmer slider unlike @EricM_Inovelli screenshot. I removed the child devices and enabled the “Seperate Control” in the settings of the device and it created two new child items with the proper slider and logos.

1 Like

Ok, so sounds like positive results. I guess if you have used the SmartThings driver that created child devices you have to delete them to make the Inovelli driver work.

@pmjoen @Jamesonrw @danny.pena

Just a notification that our LZW36 driver has child device support now. If you have a working setup already there is no need to change it, but in case you are still having problems.

SmartThings Edge Drivers: LZW30-SN, LZW30, LZW31-SN, LZW31, LZW36, LZW41, LZW42, LZW45, LZW60, VZM31-SN, NZW30, NZW31 - So Hot Right Now - Inovelli Community

2 Likes

Thank you so much for updating this Edge Driver. I’ve updated my 4 Fan+Light switches and they seem to be working properly.

1 Like

I converted one of my NWZ37 outlet switches to Edge and can tell you how. It might not be a good idea, though. All that happened in my case was I lost the ability to rename the individual outlets. This is a major downgrade for me. Hopefully, I just haven’t learned enough about what’s possible.

Is it within the realm of possibility that I could figure out how to make my own Edge driver for this, one that would allow naming (and, better yet, ending up with individual devices)?

It would be great (and used to be possible) to directly tap on “bedside lamp” or whatever I have plugged into one of the sides. It would be great to be able to say “OK Google, turn on the bedside lamp.”

The multi component (main with sub components) style of device can’t change the names of the sub components. There is a documented label field for the subcomponents but it doesn’t appear to ever have been supported. And the names would be hard coded within the driver itself.

The easiest way is for Inovelli to update the NZW37 driver to support child devices. It would create top level devices for both outlets that you could do whatever you can with a single device, including renaming it.

I have a multi-component driver that supports the NZW37 and NZW97 but I never distributed it and it would have to be reworked to support parent/child type devices.

Thanks. My bad for migrating to the Edge driver. I’m using a virtual switch, but it isn’t a great solution because the on/ off state isn’t coupled with whether the thing is on or off. Oh, well.

@coreystup @sophware I just pushed an update to the “First gen” driver package that supports child devices for the NZW37 and NZW97. I think I got all of the fingerprints, but there were so many I may have missed one. Let me know.

2 Likes

The ones I had marked in my driver were:

- id: "0312/6100/6100"
    deviceLabel: Inovelli NZW97 Outdoor Outlet
    manufacturerId: 0x0312
    productType: 0x6100
    productId: 0x6100
    deviceProfileName: inovelli-nzw97
  - id: "015D/2500/2500"
    deviceLabel: Inovelli NZW37 Indoor Outlet
    manufacturerId: 0x015D
    productType: 0x2500
    productId: 0x2500
    deviceProfileName: inovelli-nzw37
  - id: "0312/2500/2500"
    deviceLabel: Inovelli NZW37 Indoor Outlet
    manufacturerId: 0x0312
    productType: 0x2500
    productId: 0x2500
    deviceProfileName: inovelli-nzw37

Oh, and these devices support an “auto off timer” set by zwave parameter. I had them in the preferences as:

- title: "Auto Off Channel 1"
    name: autoOffChannel1
    description: "Automatically turn switch 1 off after this number of seconds"
    required: false
    preferenceType: integer
    definition:
      minimum: 0
      maximum: 32767
      default: 0
  - title: "Auto Off Channel 2"
    name: autoOffChannel2
    description: "Automatically turn switch 2 off after this number of seconds"
    required: false
    preferenceType: integer
    definition:
      minimum: 0
      maximum: 32767
      default: 0

I’ll try your driver updates on an dual outdoor plug soon!

1 Like

I’ve added those config options to our driver and will push it out a little later. Thanks!

1 Like

Please explain how to do this for this newbie? I have a LZW30-SN paired to an Aeotech hub, and when I go through the install of the smarthing edge drivers for my switch, then go to IDE to change them, I can’t update it because the Device Network ID is missing. It seems to have paird correctly and everything. What am I missing?

1 Like

Most importantly, stay out of the IDE for this. The IDE is mostly deprecated and will only serve to hose what you are doing, not help it.

The first step, which it sounds like you have done, is to load this channel from the link in the first post. To confirm, open the page for the hub in the app and select the 3-dot menu, Driver. Scroll down to the bottom and look under the Channels your hub is registered to section. You should see Inovelli Edge Drivers listed.

Once the channel is loaded, add the switch using Scan Nearby. The switch will load and pick up the proper driver. There is nothing to change. To confirm that the switch is using the proper driver, open the device’s page in the app and select Driver from the 3-dot menu. It will show Inovelli Switch Red Series (for a LZW30-SN).

If you are upgrading from an existing Groovy driver, you may have to Zwave exclude the switch before re-adding it.

2 Likes

I think I got the drivers finally loaded. I went into the app and changed the drivers after going to the smart thing edge drivers page and installing them. Only my choices are not the same as anything described in any other page I’ve seen about how to program scenes. I only have three choices, button one button two button three, and then when I choose one of them, I’m taking to a page that gives me pressed, held, press twice, press three times, press four times, and hold. I’ve included some pictures. Let me know if that seems right.

This is what it shows me after I’ve made my choices. This does not work correctly at the switch by the way.

First, let’s make sure you are using the correct driver. For the switch you are trying to program, select the Driver menu from the device’s page and post a screenshot.

Then, explain what you are trying to do with a routine.

I’ll get the screen shots when I get home, and probably just exclude and re-add the switch.

I have two outlets behind two led mirrors in my bathroom. When LED is off, it has these ridiculously bright blue lights for off, dim, and anti fog. It practically lights up the whole bathroom. There is no switch to controlI those outlets, so I installed two ge smart outlets behind the mirrors and used Alexa to turn them on and off. My wife really wanted a switch though. I had this one I bought in 2020 to play with but never installed, and then went with ge/enbrighten z-wave instead. Don’t remember why. Trying to get it to work now for this application.