SmartThings Edge Drivers: LZW30-SN, LZW30, LZW31-SN, LZW31, LZW36, LZW41, LZW42, LZW45, LZW60, VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN, VZW31-SN, VZM36, NZW30, NZW31

Lzw31-sn The LED bar switch off field doesn’t actually change anything, and there isn’t a setting in the settings menu to change it either.

You can change the LED bar on field and it changes the behavior at the switch on both on and off but changing the off field within the app does nothing to the switch.

In your routine, which devices are which? I see Bathtub Chandelier, Shower Lights, Vanity Lights, and Ensuite Pots.

@astuckens there is a bug in ST that sometimes it will not read the association data. To get association working with the bulbs, you need the firmware on the bulbs that allow you to include without security and you need to fail the S2 DSK check when adding the red series dimmer.

@Lowman39 that feature was removed from the driver because it was causing problems with notifications. That is actually not a feature supported by the previous gen red series but was “faked” through the driver. The problem was that when you turn the switch off it would change the LED color and kill the notification. Because the LZW31 shares the same capability as the blue series, it still shows the panel in the driver.

1 Like

Is this what your asking?

The ensuite pots is Inovelli Dimmer LZW31sn
The rest are Dimmer LZW31

Yep, that is exactly what I am needing. Thanks.

@Lowman39 I pushed an update to the driver that should fix the issue you were seeing. It seems that when the smart lighting app received an event of level=0 (which is what the switch sends when it turns off) it considered this as an “ON” event and it messes the automation up. It might take a few hours to get to your hub.

1 Like

I will reload your driver tomorrow ( as I currently just have a smart things beta driver loaded)

Once I have swapped the driver over I will test and I will report back, thank you for looking into!

1 Like

Will this update fix the issue for mirroring dimmers with the LZW36 also? (described in post 330)

@EricM_Inovelli update worked. No more issue with mirror automation cycling back on!

Thank you!

1 Like

@danny.pena Let me check. You are using this same type of configuration with smart lighting? Similar to this, but with the fan and light and a virtual device:

Long thread, sorry if I missed it.

Anyone know when SmartThings will automatically migrate Inovelli drivers to edge (both Gen 1 and Gen 2 red)? I’ve been holding out so I don’t have to exclude, readd and update all my automations.

BTW Eric(s) and team, great work! Love all things Inovelli and all the neat features y’all come up with!

1 Like

They should eventually, with the new round of migration scheduled to start 4/15. You need to have the drivers pre-installed on your hub, so do that if you haven’t already (following the link in post 1).

Yes

Thanks @MarkTr322. I’ve got the drivers installed, so hopefully just a few more weeks of waiting!

Apologies if this was discussed earlier. I read through the items I missed since the last time I was on here, but didn’t see it.

@danny.pena does your fan turn on when you turn on your light? I have had that issue for a while.

Only way I can get the Fan+Light working is to create a routine with a virtual switch. But there’s no “sync” option in Routines. Unfortunately the sync function is in Smart Lighting not Routines.

Using the “Smart Lighting” app always triggers both Fan+Light to turn on for me.

Side note, I have two Zooz Relay’s and the child devices on edge work perfectly for me, they show up in the dashboard just like the groovy drivers. I was surprised when I saw that.

I’d expect more like several months. None of the migration so far has gone very quickly…

1 Like

I experienced the same thing when using the smartlighting app and syncing dimmers, I’m syncing it to just a switch right now which allows me to turn it on/off via google home with no dimmer/speed control.

I think @EricM_Inovelli was working on it because I do have 2 child devices for it, but I still get the same results.

I looked at the code for the lzw36 and I’m not handling the level events in that driver, but I am using the ST default libraries (unlike the lzw31). I will look into breaking out the event parsing for the lzw36 to see if I can block the level=0 events that seem to be causing the problems.

1 Like

I’m struggling to make an automation to only control the fan/and or light. I used to see the sub components, but now I only see the main. On the “if” side I see everything, but on the “then” side I only see what’s below.

Yeah, this happens to me also. Although, sometimes the fan shuts itself off after 30 seconds or so.

@EricM_Inovelli I did some tinkering this weekend and ended up changing drivers back to the zwave switch default driver. My intention was to move all my Fan&Light switches away from the inovelli driver so i could delete it and readd it. When i moved the fan & lights away to the default zwave switch driver, child devices were created, much like in the DTH days. For each Fan & Light switch I moved over, there is a master device, along with 2 child devices, one for the fan, and one for the light. I was able to rename these, use them in automations, and they work in Alexa. The only issue is I dont have any of the additional settings that i can control thru SmartThings :(.