SmartThings Edge Drivers: LZW30-SN, LZW30, LZW31-SN, LZW31, LZW36, LZW41, LZW42, LZW45, LZW60, VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN, VZW31-SN, VZM36, NZW30, NZW31

1. create a virtual device; these two are popular, I happen to be using the first one but the other one should also work fine. Make sure your device is a dimmer type. Name it for whichever component isn’t showing up on your voice assistant (I don’t have a fan/light so not sure).
    [ST Edge] Virtual Things Edge Driver - Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community
    [ST Edge] vEdge Creator: a virtual device generator for end users - Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community
  2. Create automation(s) to link the virtual device with the child device.
  • If you’re in a region where Smart Lighting is available, the new Smart Lighting plugin includes a “mirror” option. go to “create routine”, “discover” tab at bottom right, scroll all the way down to “Smart Lighting” (lightbulb icon).
  • Select + to add a new lighting routine. Devices to control: select the child device. Actions: “Sync with switch”. Select devices: select your virtual switch.
  • If you don’t have Smart Lighting, you would need to mimic the above using Routines, with one routine for on and another for off. I’m not sure if there’s a good way to match dimming in routines, if that’s something you’re worried about, but simple on-off should be straightforward.
1 Like