SmartThings Edge Drivers: LZW30-SN, LZW30, LZW31-SN, LZW31, LZW36, LZW41, LZW42, LZW45, LZW60, VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN, VZW31-SN, VZM36, NZW30, NZW31

You mean by using a Z-Wave stick and PC controller? Viewing the network ID there?

Yes

@EricM_Inovelli, I just want to thank you for the edge driver red switch/dimmer, working great for me. A lot easier than groovy/child device/smartlighting app, abc button manager for managing led notification and double pressed buttons. At least 1 positive about groovy going away.

On the other hand, I am still using an old outdoor double plug (Nzw97) with a groovy dth and child devices. I know it has been phased out for a while, I think it was replaced by another phased out nzw37. Any chance of having an edge driver (Inovelli or smartthings) that would work.

1 Like

I have one basically created from working on the LZW36 (Fan + Light), because it is similar in that it is multi-channel, but I believe SmartThings has a dual channel edge driver already. So you should be covered, but if it doesn’t work for some reason, I can push one out there.

@jparedes You could surely look up the IDs in PC Controller. You can also create the associations in PC Controller so that is an option as well.

1 Like

Nice, I like option 2 as there may be some devices that you want to associate with that are from a different manufacturer that may not add the network ID display custom capability. Option 2 will work with both Z-Wave associations and Zigbee bindings.

2 Likes

FWIW, another way of grabbing the IDs is to use the CLI. You can then parse the CLI output:

smartthings devices:status > foo.csv

The benefit is that you wind up with all of your IDs in a list.

Open the csv in Excel and do a Text to Columns using │ as the delimiter. It’ll wind up like this:

2 Likes

Hello. Found this thread and am happy since I have 6 red dimmers and 4 black switches. But I also have 6 LZW42 bulbs. Will Inovelli be creating edge drivers for this? Currently they’re using a generic “z-wave bulb” driver which limits the features severely.

Thanks!

@EricM_Inovelli just logging the request here for additional settings to be a part of the red dimmer card such that we can automate with them via routines:

1. default z-wave level - set to 1 at night and 100 during day. (note default local is already in code)
  2. LED level (when off) - set to 0% at night and 10% during day

LZW36’s working FANTASTIC by the way, well done!!!

P.S. for those that know my history, I am selling my home with the smart switches, so I am converting it all back over to ST for the new owners so I can take my HA with me and get a new shiny setup.

1 Like

Yes, this is definitely on the list. I have 12 LZW42’s in my house running SmartThings and need it too lol.

2 Likes

those bulbs are the best! can’t wait for them to run locally :muscle:

btw, they seem to be more responsive than before, all after smartthings’ been doing these changes in the background lately.

Will work on adding those as I get some of these other drivers done.

1 Like

I can confirm I am working on the edge driver, but curious about your statement that:

Other than the ability to have the bulb return to the state it was in before power loss, which features are you thinking of?

I have no control over color with the drivers mine are using.

Yeah I moved a SWATH of devices over to ST and it seems to be working MUCH faster and hitting much higher rates of change (15 switches now takes ~2-3 seconds instead of 10+).

I’m pleasantly surprised with their development in the past 2 years or so.

Still no MyQ, still no Alexa speaker utilization, still no “level 2” automation builder in the app (choose, if/then, etc.). Biggest miss for me is the circadian lighting. Wish that was available in new app.

I just added the LZW42 driver. I will be finishing the LZW45 and LZW41 not too far from now.

5 Likes

just installed it.

SH@$_+ they’re FAST now! :open_mouth:

installation was a breeze, didn’t even need to uninstall the device handler (I’m going to anyway).

great, great, GREAT job :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Installed the Smartthing Edge driver for LZW36. Everything is working great both local and remotely by Smartthings app through the one switch but find it cumbersome to drill down into the settings to turn on the light and fan independently. Want to confirm there is only single switch in Smartthings app and not missing child switches to control the light and fan independently.

What did the edge driver show up as for you?

I only have these options:

I have the weird WiFi router version of ST and have had issues with Edge Drivers so I’m wondering if it’s anything on my end.

I can’t seem to get the bulbs to pick up the driver (let alone know if the driver is the correct one - is it, “Inovelli Light”?

this is what I see when I go into the driver page:

in other subject… is there a “fix” in the way for this “issue” where google thinks inovelli switches are color bulbs?

this might not sound as a big deal but it’s a little annoying that you can change the LED color if some speaker heard you and changed one or more switches LEDs by mistake. plus, google insists in grouping all lights and you cannot change the device type in google home, as opposed to other switches.

Well the good news is our screenshot looks the same!

Does your main page look like this?

Under color control is, “Color Temperature” (for some reason I can’t screenshot it).

Then does your settings look like this?

Dang that does sound annoying.

Admittedly, I haven’t had a chance to really dig into the Edge Drivers at my house yet because they had beta testing off for the WiFi router ST hub and I just realized they turned it back on so I’m now testing them.

I have Google Home at home and will do some testing this week.

Can you let me know a bit more about this issue? I can try to replicate at my house.

this issue is been inherited from the device handlers. is not something new. Eric once told me to remove a string from the DH and that solved it (color control, if I recall correctly). but can’t do that with the edge drivers. that’s why I haven’t installed the driver for the black series. since they don’t have scenes, I don’t need to install a dedicated driver. should I do that, I’d have 2 more switches seen as color bulbs, thus adding up to my issues.

this is what my bulbs look like in smartthings: