SmartThings Edge Drivers: LZW30-SN, LZW30, LZW31-SN, LZW31, LZW36, LZW41, LZW42, LZW45, LZW60, VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN, VZW31-SN, VZM36, NZW30, NZW31

We have had some beta Edge drivers available for a few of our devices for a while now, but I’m working on releasing official, full featured versions for our Gen 2 devices. They are mostly done for our red & black dimmer and switch, and should be released soon. Right now we have the LZW30-SN available for anyone that is wanting to test it. The other devices will be added to this channel as well. Here is the Invite link:

https://bestow-regional.api.smartthings.com/invite/qyMZ8Pwq1Zlm

The driver is pretty “full featured”. The only thing I can think of (that it is missing) is associations. That will be worked on down the road. Configuration options, notifications, scenes, etc. are all currently working. This is an early release so if I missed anything please let me know.

Edit: 06/09/2022 - Added the LZW30 (Switch Black Series).

Edit: 06/27/2022 - Added the LZW31-SN (Dimmer Red Series).

Edit: 06/28/2022 - Added the LZW31 (Dimmer Black Series).

Edit: 09/23/2022 - Added the LZW36 (Fan + Light).

Edit: 09/29/2022 - Added the LZW42 (RGBW Bulb).

Edit: 09/30/2022 - Added the LZW41 (CW WW Bulb) & LZW45 (RGBW Strip). Finishing up some work on the LZW45 still (pixel effects and custom effects)

Edit: 10/07/2022 - Added the LZW60 (4-in-1 Sensor). Also, put the VZM31-SN (Blue 2-in-1) in the post title even though it has been up for a while.

Edit: 01/20/2023 - Added the NZW30 & NZW31. Should be for the regular version, the version with scenes, and the toggle version.

6 Likes

Holy bananas that is a LOT of features. I forget how insanely capable even the red series are…

5 Likes

Nice work @EricM_Inovelli – I know you’re a humble guy, so I’ll brag for you. There were features that were developed that the SmartThings guys didn’t even know how to do that you figured out, specifically notifications.

In addition, as @kreene1987 pointed out, there are so many different features available that this has been a daunting task for one man/myth/legend and you crushed it.

This definitely puts us ahead of the competition and bro to bro, I’m proud of you man :slight_smile:

Nice work!

7 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Side Note: I have added the LZW30 Black Series.

2 Likes

Does this driver still create notifications as child devices (not sure if those still exist the same way in Edge)? Am I correct to assume that all existing notifications will need to be rebuilt from scratch when switching? I haven’t started playing with Edge yet, just curious how much time I’ll need to devote to redoing this kind of stuff when I make the switch.

2 Likes

The edge drivers do not have child devices like the groovy ones do. They have custom capabilities that can be used in the SmartThings built in “rules” engine.

So yeah, everything would have to be rebuilt if you switched over to edge.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, can you show a screenshot of video of how it works @EricM_Inovelli (note: this was me tagging you to test our emails lol)

I’ve got some screenshots of it above, but I’ll try to get a video as well.

Testing the edge driver out on my Inovelli Switch Red Series. Its looking good but there are a few issues. Not sure how to trigger the three buttons. I set up routines to change the notification color based on a double press of each button but nothing happened. Secondly some of the features are just showing the cloud icon. See image.

Last thing I’ve noticed, and this is most likely a smartthings issue and not the driver issue, but in the settings; you have to tap the middle of the options and not the radial on the left side of the menus. Tapping the left deselects everything.

@darkstarsetter

Thanks for testing it out. I noticed the cloud thing as well today so I’m guessing it is a SmartThings “issue”. Or maybe they have changed something? Not sure, but it is something new.

I have published the LZW31-SN driver and I have noticed that something is different with the “Color Control” section of the driver. It was working and now it is not. So it also makes me wonder if it is related to some kind of outage . . . Not sure, but I’m still looking into it.

I’m trying to upload a video right now of how to use buttons and notifications. Until I find out how to rename the button labels they are assigned like this:

button1 = down
button2 = up
button3 = config

1 Like

Here is a video example of how I activated a notification with a double press of the down button. YouTube converted it to a “short” which was not what I was expecting, but hopefully it gives everyone an idea of how to do it.

Still investigating, but it looks like it may be an app issue:

1 Like

Color control also is not working to change the color of the LED bar. Seems like another App issue:

SmartThings . . . sigh. :wink:

2 Likes

Alright, spoke with SmartThings and they sent me in the right direction to fix the color control and the “cloud” problem. It was a result of changes that they made on the back end. I’m not sure if the fix works for previously added devices. Might need to re-add them if they are in this state.

Gotta love ST. “We broke it so you can fix it again to match this week’s way of thinking”.

1 Like

Eric: any chance we get an Edge driver for the 4-in-1?

It would be awesome to get it on location execution.

Hi @EricM_Inovelli thanks for working on the drivers for these. This weekend I installed the Red Series dimmer & switch drivers and they work great locally.

I’m having an issue with the red series dimmer notification - whenever I create an automation with the notification the dimmer notification light times out after awhile. I have the same notification for the switch and don’t have any issue. Any ideas?

Also - what does the “LED Strip Timeout” option in settings do? Thanks

If you have the led bar brightness set to 0 (off) this is how long it will show the dimness setting on the LED bar before timing out and turning back off. I think???

1 Like

Sure, I can work on adding support for it. It will be the first “sleepy” device that I’ll be doing with edge, so there is a learning curve there.

@ny_robert Can you give me a screenshot of your notification so I can try it out on my end? For the LED Strip Timeout, that setting is only applied if you set the LED intensity (when on) to 0. This is so that the LED strip will light up to tell you the level while dimming, but will go back to “off” when the timeout is reached.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks for the explanation @kreene1987

@EricM_Inovelli Here’s a screenshot. The driveway is the Red Series switch and the Chandelier is the Red Series Dimmer. Switch works great with the notification but the dimmer times out after a few hours (no lights on the notification bar). I’ve tried it with and without the duration. (The groovy device handler had an option for indefinite duration). Thanks for your help!

1 Like