Timeline for 220v Support?

It’s been almost 3 years since the last post on this topic, so with the release of the fantastic looking Blue switches I wanted to reach out and see if there was any update on whether or not a 220v version would be coming to market, if so what the timeline possibly is and if not, why not.

Hoping to see Inovelli in Norway someday! We don’t have anything quite so pleasant to look at in the smart switch space (looking at you Elko…) that can work with smart bulbs.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Bumping this as I’m very interested in this as well. @Eric_Inovelli is this anywhere on the horizon for you guys? Technically isn’t it just a matter of using a 100-240V AC/DC converter for the chip itself instead of a fixed 110V (which shouldn’t add much to cost or size, since those are used e.g. in every tiny cheapo USB wall wart), with no difference in the relay? I’m sure there are certification complications for use abroad, but for those of us willing to import and use it without official certification it would open up a lot of markets…

1 Like

Speaking as someone who knows just barely enough about electrical engineering to be dangerous, I think you’re underestimating how big a difference this is.

The regulatory/certification issues are substantial, and can’t just be shrugged off as “look the other way and let enthusiasts import them without certification”. On the technical level, in addition to the voltage difference, the AC frequency is different in Europe. Given just how many things this switch can do, as far as multi-way configurations, non-neutral, dimming, relay, etc, the chance that something would not work properly when you change the voltage and frequency is pretty high.

And from a business point of view, I see expansion beyond North America as a logical long-term move, but not a short term one.