Update Switch configuration via Simplicity Studio?

I just finished updating the firmware on a LZW31-SN switch using Simplicity Studio. I was wondering if there was a way I can now configure the switch via Simplicity Studio as well to test it out immediately? I’ve tried to find options in the software to set configuration values for the switch, but can’t seem to find the right process.

I’ve tried selecting the “Configuration Parameters” option, but when I click “Set”, I get an error NullReferenceException thrown.

Is this feasible?

Thanks,

Eric

I dont think you can use the Configuration Parameters option for the LZW31-SN. I am not sure if it only works for the 700 series, but the only Inovelli device I have seen it work with is the LED strip (but dont use it on the LED strip either right now because of a firmware bug).

You can still set config parameters with Simplicity Studio though. you just need to use the “Command Classes” option. Just fill out the highlighted portions like in the screenshot below (obviously, the parameter number, size, and value will be different depending on what you are trying to change). In the screenshot below I set Parameter 16 (LED Strip Effect) to a Blue Chase Effect for 30 seconds.

I think config parameters are set back to default on exclusion though, so do keep that in mind if you are excluding/including as part of your firmware update process.

@jtronicus Thanks! Will try that out.