Z-Wave 800 Series 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project Phoenix

One light and one bathroom exhaust

Sorry, I meant if the Fan switch would support the full sine-wave option being worked on in the Blue 2-1.

Do you know if the LED Bar in smart fan mode will simulate fan speed as well? I’ve got several six speed DC fans that I control via a Bond hub. I would love to replace the fan remotes with a smart switch, but would love to show the fan speed via LED Bar.

yes

3 Likes

Hi, I just learned about this new version of the red series. Really interesting. I was looking at the blue series for a while now but was waiting for the black paddle to be available. Is the paddle from the previous red series are compatible with this one? If not, can you tell me when they will be available?

Thank you

1 Like

The new Red 800 Series is physically more similar to the Blue Series than the old Red 500 Series. With that said, colored paddles from the old Reds, while not exactly the same, can be used but you need to swap the air-gap which is not color matched unless you paint or 3D-print one

See here for more info

And here
Blue 2in1 QC issue? - #15 by Almulder

Great, thank you for the quick response.

Project Update:

Received our last version (hopefully) of firmware the other day and are in the process of testing it out. I submitted the marketing certification for Z-Wave today (there are two versions – marketing and technical – technical has been in review for a while) and we should be receiving FCC/IC reports next week. UL is already completed.

Really the only thing left is to have Z-Wave approve the technical and marketing cert (marketing usually goes quickly) and for us to green light the final firmware.

Production is still on schedule for March/April :slight_smile:

19 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli will these switches have the brightness issue (unable to achieve max brightness) fixed that plugged the red series dimmers?

Are you talking about the 3-Way issue w/dumb switches?

Is it compatible with Homeseer HS4?

Yes, it will be compatible with Homeseer HS4. One of our beta testers has been testing it as well as Eric M. Works great!

Still on track for March/April?

I pre-ordered 3 switches from Aartech, who let me know that they were on backorder. My order was a pre-order, yet they emailed me and said backorder, even though the project hasn’t fully launched yet.

I’m really looking forward to these switches…upgrading a few dead HomeSeer Switches.

I believe so – there’s an issue that just popped up that we’re working through, but the manufacturer hopes to have an updated firmware file for us to test. I’ll explain more in my update that I’m going to post in a minute.

Weird on the Aartech thing, maybe they just don’t have the capability on their site to say Pre-Order. I know we had to install a special plug-in to allow it.

I’m really pumped too – excited to be back in the Z-Wave space. It’s been a while!

2 Likes

Project Update: It’s official, we are the first Certified 800 Series Z-Wave Smart Switch!

This concludes all the milestones before production. But… in true Inovelli fashion, we ran into a hiccup with the firmware that we’re working through. We hadn’t noticed it prior to this past week when it was called out by a couple of our beta testers in that there is a slight flicker (kind of mimics a fire from a fireplace flickering on the wall) on some loads. It’s more prevalent when there are multiple bulbs attached which is why we didn’t catch it initially.

We know this is a firmware issue because we swapped out the switches with Blue Series and the flicker went away and the manufacturer has identified the issue and actually right as I type this, they sent us an update:

Once we test this and, fingers crossed, it works that should be the end of everything and we can start production within the next couple of weeks. I will have an updated production schedule once we give them the green-light on the firmware.

VERY EXCITING!!

12 Likes

I thought that would just be called a feature? Congratulations though! Big win for Team Inovelli!

1 Like

Needs a setting to turn it back on…

1 Like

Parameter 1234 Candle Effect (boolean): 0 = Disabled (Default), 1= Enabled

4 Likes

Yeah I joked with Maycock about calling it, “Fireside Mode”. It’s a feature, not a bug!

Unfortunately, you just can’t turn it off haha

5 Likes

1_KDfUqn6c66axcbsTPPWSpQ.jpeg

4 Likes