Z-Wave 800 Series 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project Phoenix

I think the device also has to have power removed (no line power, maybe air gap pulled?). The chip would get power from usb to flash. But guess we’ll find out in a couple years.

2 Likes

With 60 dimmers “not very convenient” is a bit of an understatement :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Future versions of the blues should have the ability to upgrade to matter over thread via an OTA upgrade, but for the current version the USB method will be needed.

Future versions means when? Do you have ETA?
What will be earlier: Red 2-1 release or new version of Blue

Based on beta testing the new reds this should still be true. I’ll throw out April 1st. Another other guesses? :smiley:

That date is reserved for the announcement of the new Inovelli PURPLE Series line of switches, which support Z-Wave, Zigbee, Thread, Matter, 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi. LoRa, 5G cellular, X10, mmwave, IR with built-in repeater, and AC/DC motor speed control all in a half-depth electrical box… :wink:

5 Likes

You forgot LoRa. I see what you did there with the color choice :nerd_face:

2 Likes

You forgot the cellular radio too . . .

2 Likes

Thanks! Fixed my glaring omissions. I was going to include dixie cups and tight strings, but X10 is more or less done at this point…

1 Like

Hopefully more options than just GSM based carriers.

No mmwave and PIR? :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought that GSM more or less went away globally with the advent of 4G/LTE with VoLTE?

FWIW, my 2015 model year car no longer has even emergency 911 telematics thanks to the GSM/3G sunset in the USA last year…

1 Like

Correct. It was more of a joke for us old folks. Everyone in US (3 main carriers) is LTE based.

1 Like

FYI, I’m one of those old folks. Get off my lawn kid…and turn that noise that you call music DOWN!!! :rofl:

Fun Canadian fact. We basically have 3 telecom providers up here (that own multiple sub brands). 1 provider used GSM while the other 2 tag-teamed and had a roaming agreement to share their CDMA towers with each other. 1 heavily developed the west while the other took on the East. So GSM coverage up here was always significantly worse than CDMA.

1 Like

Super easy depending on your hub. Looks like you have HA, so you should be fine.

Just wanted to say that if you planned on keeping the Hue’s on their gateway, then unfortunately bindings won’t work with the Hue’s as bindings need to be connected to the same gateway.

But you can absolutely do Inovelli to Inovelli binding in a 3-Way like you mentioned above.

No ETA right now on the future version. We’re targeting summer, but I can’t commit to anything. The Blue Series Fan switch will be launched with the OTA capabilities and we hope to use a lot of that firmware on the new version of the 2-1.

Either way the Red 2-1 will be released before both of those options as production is scheduled for the end of the month.

You forgot Ham Radio capabilities to easily broadcast to Inovelli HQ to ask for inventory updates! Just ask for Candy-cane.

2 Likes

Well you got to add GMRS then, too.

Probably no need for CB. That’s pretty much the equivalent of X10 …

You guys are forgetting the built in speaker. It would be awesome to have a built in speaker inside each switch. :slight_smile: (honestly… it would be awesome for announcements/alarm)

1 Like

As a General Class license holder, I have ruled this out because the FCC does not permit commercial use of the amateur/ham bands for any purpose.

+1 for a speaker/siren in the PURPLE Series switch, with both Bluetooth audio streaming plus TTS and voice assistants from Google, Alexa, Siri, etc. I’m actually using Fully Kiosk Browser on a wall-mounted Android tablet as the TTS announcer from my Home Assistant setup, and it would be nice to have additional announcement speakers all over our (modest 2BR) house.

+2 for the really Red Series: :rofl:

2 Likes