Z-Wave 800 Series 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project Phoenix

No mmwave and PIR? :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought that GSM more or less went away globally with the advent of 4G/LTE with VoLTE?

FWIW, my 2015 model year car no longer has even emergency 911 telematics thanks to the GSM/3G sunset in the USA last year…

1 Like

Correct. It was more of a joke for us old folks. Everyone in US (3 main carriers) is LTE based.

1 Like

FYI, I’m one of those old folks. Get off my lawn kid…and turn that noise that you call music DOWN!!! :rofl:

Fun Canadian fact. We basically have 3 telecom providers up here (that own multiple sub brands). 1 provider used GSM while the other 2 tag-teamed and had a roaming agreement to share their CDMA towers with each other. 1 heavily developed the west while the other took on the East. So GSM coverage up here was always significantly worse than CDMA.

1 Like

Super easy depending on your hub. Looks like you have HA, so you should be fine.

Just wanted to say that if you planned on keeping the Hue’s on their gateway, then unfortunately bindings won’t work with the Hue’s as bindings need to be connected to the same gateway.

But you can absolutely do Inovelli to Inovelli binding in a 3-Way like you mentioned above.

No ETA right now on the future version. We’re targeting summer, but I can’t commit to anything. The Blue Series Fan switch will be launched with the OTA capabilities and we hope to use a lot of that firmware on the new version of the 2-1.

Either way the Red 2-1 will be released before both of those options as production is scheduled for the end of the month.

You forgot Ham Radio capabilities to easily broadcast to Inovelli HQ to ask for inventory updates! Just ask for Candy-cane.

2 Likes

Well you got to add GMRS then, too.

Probably no need for CB. That’s pretty much the equivalent of X10 …

You guys are forgetting the built in speaker. It would be awesome to have a built in speaker inside each switch. :slight_smile: (honestly… it would be awesome for announcements/alarm)

1 Like

As a General Class license holder, I have ruled this out because the FCC does not permit commercial use of the amateur/ham bands for any purpose.

+1 for a speaker/siren in the PURPLE Series switch, with both Bluetooth audio streaming plus TTS and voice assistants from Google, Alexa, Siri, etc. I’m actually using Fully Kiosk Browser on a wall-mounted Android tablet as the TTS announcer from my Home Assistant setup, and it would be nice to have additional announcement speakers all over our (modest 2BR) house.

+2 for the really Red Series: :rofl:

2 Likes

That is exactly what I am doing and it works great but it would be nice to have more speakers. I could not find an easy/and simple solution to that and I don’t want to have multiple wall tables all over the house.
I don’t need a TTS on the device itself I just need it to work as a simple media player (I am using HA + browser mod so I can play tts results on my tablet). As long as it is identified as a media player in HA it would work for my setup. (and I just need a simple speaker for voice, not a fully stereo or sonos like stuff)

Sorry if this sound dumb. But is the Zwave radio in that new version compatible with older versions ? I have the aeon labs z-stick gen 5.

Zwave is backwards compatible. I have the zwave me usb stick (500 series) and I have zero issues with the beta unit.

1 Like

Muchas gracias. Ordering right now.

I ordered. 80$ shipping for 5 switches to Canada is very expensive though. :frowning:

2 Likes

You should be able to order through aartech with lower shipping fees.

3 Likes

That’s where I have pre-ordered my Red 2-1 and blue fan switches. I have ordered several times from them before as well and have been satisfied with their service.

1 Like

Just sent email to cancel my order. Will order through Aartech.

I did in the past and was very happy.

I guess too. This is a better way not to get raped by import fees.

(I hate my country)

1 Like

I’m using HomeSeer and currently have a couple of Red switches installed. I’m going to pre-order at least 10 of these very soon! :grinning: (I’ve been using UPB for about 15 years and am planning to transition to z-wave)

I have one question regarding HomeSeer. For the Red switches (unless I’m missing something), HS only supports tap 1x for the favorites button. Can someone who is using these with HomeSeer tell me if the new switches will have the favorites button fully supported in HS?

Only a half-answer for you, but since you haven’t gotten anything else yet: the original firmware on the original Red Series dimmers (LZW31-SN) only supported one tap on the config button via Z-Wave Central Scenes. A later firmware update added a Central Scene for a double-tap, though it also remains as a way to locally clear a “notification” (LED bar affect), its only original purpose.

If HomeSeer never made that double tap available, I’m guessing they either weren’t aware of this change or didn’t find it worth it. Or perhaps you weren’t aware that the new/800-series Red Series dimmers will be drastically more-featured and support 5 taps on all three buttons, including the config/favorites button (which I also see they’ve re-named) — which the original ones never did. :smiley:

But what HomeSeer will actually support, I can’t say…though I’d be surprised if it didn’t have some way to get all the Central Scene Notifications. Perhaps someone who might have already tested this can speak to this if they are allowed to.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah - it’s specifically the 5 tap support on the config/favorites button that I’m curious about. I know that one of the Erics at Inovelli uses HomeSeer, so hopefully that will help get the support added. :laughing: