Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

Actually I think it was @adamkempenich who drafted up a Hubitat app to do bindings. Ive used it and it works but its still beta right now

3 Likes

When you say in the switch you mean something we can control from SmartThings or the hub we use? Is there a link maybe to follow instructions?

You looking for the Red or Blue Series (or both)?

I can try to write something up real quick! It may be challenging with Edge Drivers, but I can do it with groovy if that’s ok?

Blue Series

1 Like

Got it, yeah I can whip up some instructions before it releases!

Edit: got bored and took some screenshots of how to do it with the Red Series (we don’t have the child device toggle built into the Blue Series handler yet)

Basically, here’s how you do it (I will write a more professional one later).

Screenshot #1 just shows where to flip the toggle to create a child device for the default level Parameter.

Screenshot #2 shows what the child device looks like.

Screenshot #3 is how you set it up in Smart Lighting.

What this does is it turns on the default level to 5% between the hours of 2-6am.

Tested the following scenario today:

• 3-Way setup w/2x smart switches and a smart light

Hard to tell from the camera, but the LED bars are in sync with each other and also the light itself.

Really cool!

7 Likes

Are they wired in a 3 way or binding?

Wired in a 3-Way and then bound together.

This is the schematic for the record:

1 Like

Does the blue series support a 3 way via the traveler vs binding?

No, we were unable to pull that off unfortunately.

1 Like

Not possible or future firmware?

I think the way the PCB was implemented, this was not possible. I have a response, but if I’m being honest, I don’t really understand the engineering as to why it wouldn’t work and why it was abandoned.

One of the downsides of not having an engineer on the team is that we have to trust what the manufacturer’s engineer says and there’s a language barrier.

I’m confused what is being said here. Im running a 3-way with Blue Series Smart Switch and White Series AUX switch using the traveler wire. Works fantastic!

I was asking about 2x blues in a 3 way talking over the traveler.

1 Like

Has anyone tested if the blue series can repeat Aqara sensors with Hubitat? I know the Aqara sensors are very picky about repeaters and don’t always work well with other

1 Like

I have some Aqara contact sensors with Home Assistant that I joined via the switch. While that doesn’t directly answer your question, I would at least expect the switch behavior itself to be similar across hubs.

1 Like

Unfortunately HE doesn’t provide the option that Zigbee2MQTT has, where a new device can be commanded to join the network via a specific router. “Sticky” devices like some Xiaomi and Aqara sensors do much better when you can configure the router right off the bat - they rarely move from that router once set. Makes it a lot easier to keep the network healthy and happy when you can manually avoid incompatible routers. HE is far behind on Zigbee features, imo

2 Likes

Excited about the Blue Series! I confess I haven’t read the entire thread, but I’ve read a bunch and can’t find information about one feature…

Some devices/drivers support distinguishing a physical press event from a digital event. Will this device? (I’m Hubitat fwiw.)

1 Like

Hmmm maybe? I guess I’ve never heard of this :pensive:

Can you elaborate a bit (sorry)?

2 Likes

Yes,the Inovelli switches do this

6 Likes