Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

Just came across this project now - sounds amazing and exactly what I am looking for. I’ve looking at adding smart switches to 5 properties (will need ± 80 (mix of dimmers and normal on/off). Any chance the blue range will support 110 - 240v?

I’m based in South Africa (240v, 50/60 hz)

1 Like

Sure.

basically, think of Zigbee and Thread as bieng very, very similar to eachother - to the point where most modern chipsets from SILabs are able to flip between zigbee and thread with just a firmware upgrade.

2 Likes

Will the no-neutral method still have the problem of needing around 25W minimum to work without flickering? Is there any chance of having a built-in bypass that can optionally be enabled?

That willl not work. The bypass goes between load and neutral. So if there is no neutral, there is nothing for the bypass to connect to.

Oh, right. I had a brain fart. Thanks for correcting me kindly.

Any chance the switch will support Zigbee Binding? Would be great to be able to bypass the hub if needed and communicate directly to the lights on the network (better reliability + reduced latency)

Actually, yes! I completely forgot about this selling point. These will work in 240V settings :slight_smile:

[Update 2022: We were not able to include 240v compatibility in our final product due to testing and certification requirements]

Yes, unfortunately. I don’t know what the minimum wattage will be as the ZigBee chip is different than Z-Wave, but we should be able to find out soon.

I believe so as we talked about it initially when we were looking into the aux switch with LED bar (since we were going to have to use ZigBee there too).

@EricM_Inovelli or @Darwyn_Inovelli – can you confirm?

4 Likes

This is the best news I have heard all day. Where can I sign up to be notified when they will be available for pre-order?

1 Like

We’re working on developing the webpages currently and once those are live there will be a place to add your email to our stock update email list. For right now I can manually add you to it if you’d like?

EDIT: Signup for our Blue Series Update Email List Here

Thanks Brianna, yes please. I’ll be first in line when they are available.

Awesome to hear! I have added you to the email list :slight_smile:

You can throw me in the email list too if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

You got it!

1 Like

I’m enthusiastic about trying these too, please add me to the list, thank you!

1 Like

You have been added! Hold tight the rest of you, I’m working on a link you can click to add yourselves to the list :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interested in these as well. I can hang for a link, but if you want to add me to the list I would appreciate it.

1 Like

I’ve got you added :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @JeffersonBledsoe – we spoke with @Darwyn_Inovelli today and confirmed that this is part of the ZigBee 3.0 spec so it will be available on the switch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Project update: Everything is on track for Q4 release still. Today we talked about the pins to update from ZigBee to Matter and it sounds like it’s harder than we thought as the ability to get to the port may be difficult due to space constraints inside the switch.

We did suggest they look at alternate solutions for design and also to create a harness of some sort so that we at Inovelli could update it for customers if need be.

More to come!

3 Likes

Signed up but never received the validation e-mail… Is it just me?