Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

Lol too many. They required 50+.

3 Likes

1 for testing, 49 to fill their house.

Oh wow! That is a lot of switches! What do they do that requires that many?

1 Like

Probably run it through the switch gauntlet.

5 Likes

I once visited a UL testing center and it looked like a dream toy store!

They had a whole smart home dedicated lab

2 Likes

Project Update: Received the official draft reports from FCC today. Hopefully we’ll be up on their site in a bit with an official number.

The important part:

No clue what any of that means, but the word Pass is what we’re looking for haha.

The good news too is that UL is the one that seems to be conducting these reports, so at least the switches are passing their tests and hopefully this is a sign that they will pass the overall tests.

Here are some random pics of the setup – It’s kind of interesting to see how they do it. I’ll post the official reports once they are ready.

Feel free to click on them to make them larger.

23 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’ve still got Insteon at home, I just use them as multi-way dimmable switches, I could never seem to get a PWM module to work. I’m not surprised Insteon went out of business since they hadn’t seemingly DONE anything in years. But their hardware was the ONLY one I’ve ever tried that was up to my expectations. I’m really hoping Blue here is the next step.

I’m ordering one, then probably 20 more if I like it!

Quick update – we received certification numbers (not officially completed, just at least have the numbers so we all can stalk the pages to see when they’re done!)

UL: E528330
FCC: 2AQ7V-VZM31SN
IC: 24756-VZM31SN

Getting closer and closer!

20 Likes

Image result for Can'T Wait GIF

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been discussed yet, but is there any info on the energy efficiency of these Blue Series switches? Being ZigBee, I know they can be quite efficient, but I’m curious about how much energy these consume when in standby.

I’d be happy to measure and let you know! (If @Eric_Inovelli ships me a blue before everyone else :smiley: )

1 Like

Looks to be very efficient at 1.65 milliAmps (less than 0.2 watts)

6 Likes

I haven’t seen it asked, but do these come in black? I’m considering buying a 10-pack but I need black paddles to match the rest of the house.

Great question - we do plan on offering color paddles just like we did for the Red Series (which we do offer black).

The new manufacturer is having a hard time color matching and the first iteration of paddles were way off.

I think I’m getting some this week along with final packaging samples. But if not this week, then next. I’m hoping they did a better job this time!

We’re trying to match the Lutron Claro wall plates for reference.

6 Likes

Thanks for checking!

Thanks Eric. Do you have any plans to make the alternative colors available for pre-order?

Also, would you consider doing matte finishes, similar to the Legrand Radiant series light switches? They have a more luxurious look than the standard shiny plastic switches.

2 Likes

I wish I could, but we don’t have an anticipated launch date for the color paddles. I’m pushing hard for them to be ready and available by the time the switches arrive, but I’m hesitant to put them up just yet until we are at least able to match the color and have a confirmation that they have a production date.

Regarding matte, we can certainly take a look at that! I’d have to see what the costs would be but if there’s enough demand and it’s not too difficult we can check.

You’re definitely not the first person to ask!

4 Likes

welp. switches are hard for fans and lights now days i guess because of the smarts being built in. i just bought 20 blues, hopefully the fan switch comes out soon so i can grab 3 of them and be done.

2 Likes

Raising both hands for matte black over here too!

5 Likes

Yes to matte please

2 Likes