ZigBee Fan Switch | Project Zephyr (Blue Series)

The LED strip shows the level in thirds (since there are only 3 speeds.)
Low speed is 33% led strip
Med speed is 67% led strip
High Speed is 100% led strip

With that said, I agree holding the paddle seems a little bit weird for a fan. But it is the same method used on dimmers so its not completely foreign.

You could create scenes where 1-tap=slow. 2-taps=med 3-taps=high. Or any number of custom button presses that you like. That’s part of the power / benefit to having a smart switch with with Scenes

1 Like

What I think would be really cool is like that Leviton design but instead of buttons have a little touch panel that you can slide up or down and have the led follow your finger.

1 Like

When is this coming out?

That would be cool :slightly_smiling_face: But would also add $$$$ :frowning_face:

I like the current price point of Inovelli’s. I consider that to be one of their primary selling points. It’s a full-featured smart switch for a reasonable price. I think of the Inovelli’s as the “Goldilocks of Smart Switches” … Juuuuust Riiiight. :laughing:

I’ll take your LZW36 off your hands if you are getting rid of it (as long as it still works) :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll keep this in mind. Just got to get fan switches on order. I have one being used and one in a box for “in case first one breaks”. I’ll definitely be willing to let them go in the future.

1 Like

I agree that the way the Leviton works is easier and more intuitive…but it’s BUTT UGLY. The Inovellis are gorgeous.

Love seeing updates to the weekly recap, but I don’t see any changes to the Timeline estimations. I’m hoping you guys are super busy with Project Linus for all the reasons discussed elsewhere, but it’d be great to get some more context on the other products too since we can see that there is progress being made.

Thanks & love you guys!

Yeah, I keep dropping the ball on this one. Ugh, my bad.

I have a meeting with our operations guy tomorrow – I’d like to hear what he has to say about when he thinks we can get these delivered. As per the norm, we can’t keep up with demand and most money has gone into a re-order of 2-1’s. The MOQ (minimum order qty) on these is 10k units so it will be semi-difficult to pull that off. Granted, we could do pre-orders, but I don’t think that will cover the MOQ.

But, we’re basically done with everything on this switch aside from the certifications. So, once we do figure out funding, we can get these delivered quickly as the lead times are back to normal on Zigbee (7-12wks).

I can appreciate it is tough with a lot going on. I am building a house and have decided to fully outfit with Blue 2-1s and Auxes I ordered. But need to find a 10-pack of fan/light switches ;). I literally have 10 switches I need, and looking at the fact this can also do 3-way, that helps seal the deal. Only thing in my way is they are not available… yet… (no pressure)

3 Likes

Just wondering if this fan switch is going to be converted to zwave like the 2in1 switch?

2 Likes

That’s the gameplan moving forward with all projects. They’ll typically start with a Zigbee version (unless it’s a B2B project) and then a Z-Wave variant will come shortly after.

We have some favorable minimum order quantities with our manufacturer so it’s easier to execute this strategy. Before it would cost so much as we’d have to order 10k units each time + all the certification fees. We’ve gotten it down to 3k units (although cost per unit is higher - but it at least helps if the product flops).

We’re definitely paying attention to how well the Red Series 2-1 sells as that’s kind of the litmus test to see how well this strategy of leading with Zigbee and following with Z-Wave works.

4 Likes

Any update on this one? Would be interested!

1 Like

I’m definitely interested as well. I could use a few of these around the house.

I would pre-order 4-5 of these in a heartbeat.

If it’s a matter of hitting a certain threshold to order the initial run, maybe a time limited pre-order could work (sorta like a self-hosted Kickstarter to avoid paying the KS fees). You could open pre-orders for 30 days with a set goal and show a tracker of where we are, if we don’t hit the goal in 30 days, then everyone is refunded.

We are going to talk about this next week. I wanted to get these 2-1’s out and hopefully some positive press after the last couple of weeks lol.

But yeah, I’m pumped about these bc we’re essentially finished with it aside from running it through certifications :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i’m definitely interested in some of these as well…
understood its been all hands on deck for the 2-1’s…

1 Like

These switches will fill a major gap for many households and allow people to go “all-in” on Inovelli in their homes.

Completely agree – this is the pitch I’ve been using :slight_smile: – if you could only afford to produce two switches, it should be the 2-1 bc that covers lighting and a fan switch bc it covers the remaining gap of fans (exhaust or ceiling).

4 Likes

Is there much (any) difference in the hardware of the fan and 2-1 switches? What would be awesome is to have 1 sku that could handle all use cases. Maybe for the new Red series?