Zigbee / Matter Motion Switch | Project Linus (Blue Series)

Was in for 10, but cancelled my campaign contribution…
-Decided what the hell, I’m in for 25! I was just slow to come to that decision and missed the beta tester window/perk…

Hahahahahahah!

Tried to be first last night, but realized this morning I was on the draft page…
-long week

I’ll have to watch the recording - that would have been 1am for me in Atlantic!

My backing/order is in! Really looking forward to this ground breaking and game changer dimer/switch!!!

1 Like

Will this switch expose presence detection (mmwave sensor) as a binary sensor? So that it can be used for other automations?

Or is it solely going to turn binded lights on/off?

Same question, and if the answer is “yes, there will be an independent presence detection sensor exposed”, will there be the ability to disable the sensor automatically turning lights on/off? (Or we don’t know yet?) I couldn’t find this addressed on the Indiegogo page.

1 Like

I’m in the beta tester group, all of those are ideas that Eric wants the switch to support.

I’m glad you’re still working on new products, but I’d really rather you re-release the LZW-36 Fan/Light switch, or a new version of it. There’s a ton of motion/presence switches available, but not a whole lot of dual fan/light switches (I know, I’ve looked everywhere for them since the '36 went out of stock).

2 Likes

There’s 0 mmwave switches available…

4 Likes

Hey don’t worry, this is next on our list, I promise. I wanted to gauge how this one did on Indiegogo before launching the fan/light.

We need to revamp it bc of the disconnection issues we experienced with the Gen 1. This time around, we’ll be using Zigbee Binding and Z-Wave Associations to connect the switch to the canopy module.

Seems like it might be a good idea to rename to Project Presence Switch on this site. Linus seems excited by the switch but also annoyed that it’s called Project Linus (and went out of his way to mention there was some friction over the name and yet it’s still called that). Will be super helpful to have his network effect on this and any opportunity to reduce friction seems like a no brainer to do it.

Any chance we can do something to update gen 1 fan/lights, maybe a replacement canopy box + firmware update?

I’m in for some mmWave switches but what to do with my old Reds :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I was a little surprised to hear that from him bc I got his permission yesterday to use the name and asked if he wanted me to change anything and he said, “I’m good to go.”

I had also run this by him initially, but that initial email could’ve been overlooked bc it was Jake who answered me with Linus on cc.

Yesterday’s email confirming everything was from him directly.

Who knows. I just plan on making him an awesome switch and hopefully once he gets it, he’ll be happy it was named after him lol.

1 Like

Yeah we can certainly explore some options for any defective units in the wild.

The challenge will be that we don’t have the firmware for those switches so I’m not sure they’re setup to associate with a canopy module. I’ll have to do some digging though.

Either way we can definitely work on something to make things right.

2 Likes

Snagged the last beta order :blush:

Looking forward to helping with the project!

3 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli Over 80% funded in les than 24 hours, CRAZY! This is your community for you!

2 Likes

Spotted that just now. I’m so glad I didn’t dither on the decision.

2 Likes

You misunderstood the purpose of my comment. The person I was responding to said there’s “plenty” of presence detector switches available. There’s motion detector switches available but 0 mmwave. This switch will hopefully change that. My point was this switch is a needed switch in the market which counters the view point of the person that said it wasn’t needed and a fan switch was.

4 Likes

Aww man! I snagged #12 of the 25-pack but didn’t notice the 50-pack! Can I switch to a 50-pack somehow?

You may be able to order the 50 and cancel the 25 pack.

1 Like

Gotcha, good to know. Thanks!