1.07 Blue Series Fan Switch Firmware Update Bug

I have just submitted a PR for z2m. Update code that converts brightness to fan mode by InovelliUSA · Pull Request #7245 · Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters (github.com)

Edit: @tasinclair4 I believe the change I mentioned yesterday is now in the dev branch for z2m.

chore(master): release 19.4.2 by Koenkk · Pull Request #7243 · Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters (github.com)

Well, 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Hurray!: “low” now shows as a state, and the front end controls work beautifully. I was able to use it as a trigger with a value template: {{is_state_attr(‘fan.0x048727fffe1a07c6’, ‘percentage’, 33)}}. “fan_mode” is not updating in HA, but I do see it updating correctly on the Z2M dashboard under “state” tab. Regardless, I am able to use the “percentage” attribute for my needs.

Bummer: something broke the ability to capture/trigger off of “button presses”. Using MQTT Explorer, I can see “up_single”, “up_double” etc, but these no longer show in Home Assistant Automations under the “device” dropdown.

I’ve included/excluded a few times, deleted the device in MQTT, restarted home assistant etc, but so far no luck with the button presses.

I’ll check it out, but that is very strange. My change wasn’t related at all to the button presses. The dev branch you were using previously was showing them though?

I know that in the past I could only get the button press options to show if I actually activated them on the switch. So I had to go to the switch and do a double tap, triple tap, etc. and then they would show up In HA.

Ok, disregard my comments on the button presses.

Tonight I moved one of my unused switches back to Z2M 1.36.0 to confirm the button presses were working, which they were. I then moved the same switch back to Z2M edge; and as you said, after pressing all the buttons, indeed they are working!

My apology for the false alarm; for my needs I’m now fully functional, so thanks much for all the effort!

Why is Z2M still pushing beta firmware? There should be release channels.
My Z2M decided to upgrade all my light switches to 2.17, now they’re all having dimming problems.
Lovely, lol.

Guess I’m going to have to RE the release, change the firmware version, flash back as a fake upgrade (but actually downgrade) back to 2.15.

Z2M does automatic firmware upgrades? Uhm… That’s dangerous to have enabled.

My Z2m is asking me if I want to upgrade my switches, holding back atm.

You can disable automatic updates in settings.

I don’t think that’s enabled by default. At least mine was disabled.

How do you downgrade to 2.15 exactly? I have tried to set zigbee_ota_override_index_location in the config, and to point to the 2.15 OTA file in that index, but when looking for updates Z2M finds none.

My issue with 2.18 is that the up_single and other actions no longer get to Home Assistant, therefore I can’t use these switches to turn on other smart lightbulbs anymore.

That is not an issue with the firmware. It is an issue with your automation. You need to use state triggers. Legacy triggers are no longer supported by Z2M going forward.

Trigger: action
To (optional): up_double

Depends on how you run Z2M. But you need to modify the .js file and remove inovelli.OTA and swap with the normal zigbee.OTA. Then use the override like you would normally. As long as you place “force” equals true, it will push whatever OTA no matter if it’s newer or older than the version currently on the device.