2-1 Switch Shipping Discussion

Well the inovelli gods have spoke. Finally got my shipping notification!

2 Likes

Hmm looks like they marked mine as shipped and printed a label on Tuesday but UPS still shows that they havenā€™t gotten the package yet.

1 Like

If these are shipping USPS then they can literally walk it down the block to them to ship them out, as USPS is in rock throwing distance of their office.

1 Like

They are going out UPS.

2 Likes

I am sure hoping that mine ship soon, ordered on 4/24 but still not fulfilled.

1 Like

Order# 18128 placed April 23rd:

Got my ups tracking yesterday saying it was going to be delivered today. Checked ups this morning and it just said label printed.

Just received another ups email saying that delivery date is being rescheduled from ā€œNAā€ and they will update me at a later time :man_facepalming:

I ordered back in May (a single 10Pack) and Iā€™ve patiently waited but I have received no notification. However I saw in a post above someone ordered in July and got a shipment notification??? What gives? Am I going to get my preorder?
Its order range 36xxx

1 Like

If itā€™s any consolation I ordered in April and am right there with you. You definitely will get your preorder, but the distributer decided to ship them out of order, so just give it up to 4-5 more days and they should be caught up and 100% shipped out based on what Courtney said a bit above.

3 Likes

Well said. Iā€™m in no hurry to get these. Iā€™ve waited this long, a few more days/weeks wonā€™t kill me. Just thought Eric might want to know about the miss communication via UPS and the distributor.

Also, fwiw, my order states shipped on the Inovelli site too, even though UPS just shows that only the label was created yesterday and no other update since.

2 Likes

The tracking from the major carriers is generally so reliable, it seems weird when something goes wrong like that. I had a package shipped Fedex from Best Buy on Monday, and the same day it was marked as delivered somewhere in PA, signed for by ā€˜Buyā€™. It looked like it was delivered back to the store it shipped from. The next day, it still showed as delivered, but there were new scans showing the package moving through their system, and sure enough it showed up on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon. The tracking still shows that it was delivered in PA on monday though. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s also possible that ZWP is too small to have a dedicated UPS pickup of this many units so they could be waiting to palletize or just get one pickup once all pre-orders are packed and labeled.

Not sure Iā€™ve seen anyone with a shipment notification actually say they got their package or have seen it be picked up but perhaps thatā€™s not the case.

Maybe not here, but Iā€™ve seen 1-2 people on the Home Assistant facebook group sharing pictures of the Inovelli blues they received in the mail.

Yeah, Iā€™ve seen pictures on reddit, and there are some posts even here with people setting them up, etc.

Still no word on my orderā€¦ sigh

For those of us still waiting, hereā€™s a good playlist to help pass the time:

6 Likes

It seems like the larger or more complex your order, the longer you wait. Itā€™s a bummer for sure, but what can you do. I just hope it gets delivered before I go out of town, or the neighborhood kids might end up with switches for Halloween :slight_smile:

Iā€™m guessing that USP tracking is the result of a label being created and transmitted to UPS, but the driver had already picked up for the day.

Woohoo. A half have arrived!

4 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, I was really hoping I could have my 30 switches installed and programmed before our baby was bornā€¦with the way things are lining up, Iā€™m completely anticipating these showing up the moment we leave for the hospital. :laughing:

No biggy though, it is what it is and things will happen as they happen. While Iā€™m still super excited to start installing my switches, I have zero capacity to stress about it :person_shrugging:

I did think of one question for the community though: Iā€™m planning to install a Blue Series switch in each kids / guest bedroom to control smart bulbs in otherwise dumb ceiling fans. In each of those rooms, the existing switch controls all power to the ceiling fan unit while fan speed & light are controlled by pull chains (only one set of wires from switch to fan). So my question- I assume, given these switches are not rated for the motor load, the fan and switch should be wired in parallel? This would make the fan ā€œalways onā€ and only controllable by pull chains while the Blue Series switch will effectively just act as a remote in Smart Bulb mode for the smart bulbs in the ceiling fan?

(I want to de-dumb the ceiling fans at some point, but that is 100% laterā€™s project)

So you know if the switches are configured in a switch loop configuration or do you have 14-2 / 14-3 wires to the switches?

If you have 14-3, personally Iā€™d consider removing the single gang and install a double gang. Then install the blue 2n1 for the light. Install dumb switch for the fan motor until the fan switch comes out.

If switch loop then you have limited options.

1 Like

Day 1 pre-order here, still nothing. Guessing Iā€™ll be in the last batch. So much for getting in early.

4 Likes

We just moved into the house this year and Iā€™ve yet to find any switch loop configs :slight_smile: That said, Iā€™ve only replaced a handful of switches so far, but at least 2/3 bedrooms are in good shape.

Double gang isnā€™t a bad idea (this is how the primary bedroom is set up), but Iā€™m not set on it (yet). I really like the single gang solutions and thought about trying to get my hands on a few red series fan/light combo switches as I think theyā€™d be pretty perfectā€¦but Iā€™m also trying to get reduce my Z-Wave footprint.