Hey Guys. The wiring diagrams on this forum have been very helpful but I am running into a problem getting my 3-way lighting setup working.
- The Inovelli Red Series Dimmer wired up seems to work fine to turn the lighting on and off.
- The dimmer has paired w/ my smartthings hub and I can turn the lighting on/off w/ the hub.
- I can change the settings using the hub.
- I can turn the lighting on w/ the GE AUX Add On Switch when I hit the the upper toggle.
- Neither the upper toggle or lower toggle of the Add On Switch will turn the lighting off.
The Red Series Dimmer seems to work fine as a stand alone dimmer but of course I need the 3-way setup. I’ve seen other posts from folks who can’t get the aux switch to turn on - I seem to have the opposite problem.
- Smartthings Hub
- Inovelli LZW31-SN Red Series Dimmer
- GE Enbrighten add-on 12723 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RKJS8MQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
- Non-neutral setup
- Source run into junction box for light 1. (LED w/ bypass)
- Light 2 is wired in to 3-switch w/ light 1. (Currently incandescent)
- Receptacles are not controlled by switch but are run from Light 1’s junction box
- I have loaded the custom LZW31 device handler in smartthings
- Switch Type (setting 21): 3-way momentary
- AC Power Type setting: No Neutral
I have tried setting params 21 and 22 via hub and manually. I have tried pulling the air gap, changing setting to undesired values and back.
Any ideas? Do I have a bad add on?
thanks for any assistance
Here is a diagram of my setup.