3 way - LZW31-SN with non-responsive GE Aux Switch

GE Enbrighten Add-On Switches non-responsive with LZW31-SN - wired with neutral:

I have been completing a renovation and had a professional electrician install my Inovelli LZW31-SN dimmer switches. Two of them are wired with GE Enbrighten Add-On Switches https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X84WY5C. (two separate light circuits each individually wired as 3-way.) The electrician has informed me that he believes the wiring is correct including having the neutral wire connected.

In both (separate) cases, the GE Add-On switch is completely non-responsive; while the LZW31-SN dimmers do work. I have followed the instructions on the website here: https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/switches-dimmers-troubleshooting-3-way-aux-switch-lzw31-sn without success. I have also updated the firmware on 1 of the Innovelli switches which also did not seem to help.

Currently, neither of the switches are joined to a hub although I do have home assistant and I have a Z-stick that I have used with Z-Wave PC Controller 5 to update the firmware on one of the Inovelli switches.

Any idea on how to troubleshoot or better yet, resolve this?

EDIT: the resolution is Bry’s post plus the cadence of the config button which must be pressed very rapidly the 12 or 13 times. If the status light turns on while pressing the config button, you were not fast enough and need to start over.

You’ll need to set parameters 21 and 22. Since you haven’t joined the switch to a hub, you’ll have to set the parameters at the switch. AFAIK, the dimmers are not configured for 3 Way momentary out of the box.

Thank You Bry. I just did a factor reset and did the manual neutral & aux config - which align to parameters 21 and 22. That seems to have cause the GE switch to become response. Although it was turning off the lights whether I pressed up or down. When trying to follow the instructions for that which were the same for the neutral setting, things unfortunately stopped working again…but progress none the less.

As a side note: I have not quite figured out the correct cadence when pressing the config button. It seems that sometimes I press it 12x or 13x and it behaves per the documentation of 1x followed by 2x (or 3x) and other times it does not. Any suggestions on the correct cadence to get the correct blinks would be appreciated!

Thanks again

after another factory reset and pressing config very fast per the instructions, that seemed to do it!

2 Likes