Black/Red series On/Off for fan?

never commit blasphemy!!!

2 Likes

After actually searching and reading into windy city… Looks like that is the one I want. That way it keeps from having a gap in the wall plate. Makes it easier on my eyes!

So it looks like I am in for a long wait.

1 Like

Since I had an extra Red Series Gen 2 Dimmer, I hooked it up to my already-smart fan in my bedroom (Carro Smart Fan, which uses a 24v DC motor) because I wanted to leave the power to the fan on (currently set all ramp rates to 0, but I will be setting it up to disable the switch from actually switching power) and have the switch instead control my Ilumin bulbs.

I just did a quick test, and it looks like the fan ramping up to full power and light at the max setting peaked at 62 watts according to the switch. That should be fine then, right?

And is there a way to do something like double tap = actually cuts power, while single tap/hold = control Illumin bulbs? Or does it just have the ability to disable the relay entirely by pressing the command button 8 times?

@dbemis - Dimmer model is not rated for motor loads. I’d highly, highly recommend swapping the dimmer to on/off switch.

3 Likes

Got it - just ordered a on/off switch - thanks @harjms! :slight_smile:

2 Likes