Black Series Scene Control with New Firmware - howto?

hi, speaking of device handlers… I noticed that the link to the red series’ (on/off) device handler takes you to the dimmer’s DH instead and there’s no DH for the on/off switch elsewhere. as far as I’m aware.

I noticed because it renamed my red switches after installing the wrong one.

Which link are you referring to? The two DH links on this thread look correct, as does the link for the LZW30-SN switch’s device handler page.

1 Like

seems to be working now. I got there by going through products\switches\on-off

when I selected red on-off switch, then went down to the smartthings link below.

Hi @frcastellanos, thanks for mentioning the error though - I saw your message earlier and went to the On/Off page to see if that was the issue. Sure enough the Dimmer DH link was leftover from when we redesigned the page. @Bry was quicker than me for sharing the direct link with you but the button now holds the correct link!

3 Likes

tnx guys. u rock! :muscle:

2 Likes

Would it be possible to also update the driver code for Hubitat to utilize the config button for a button action like what is available for ST? I am not sure if this is possible though. Also how many buttons does the black dimmer have with firmware (1.52)? Thank you.

I have a whole other post about this. V1.52 along with the uodated DTH gives you 1x push and held in ST. The 2x on the config was pulled out due to making space or resolving some other issue.

It looks like I have already added it to the hubitat driver. Can you test firmware 1.52 with the latest driver?

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up. Yeah I am running 1.52 on the Black dimmer. I finally got the button to work once I realized that the configure button is numbered 7 which is the same as the Red series. Thank you again.

1 Like

I’m thoroughly confused. So the config button action is exposed in habitat but not ST?

Based on this clue from @DrChops about config tap 1x = button 7, from ST I can trigger this from WebCore by selecting button=7 in a piston. Just can’t do it from automation or smartlighting.

For me this will work and it’s appreciated, although I’m sure for others that don’t use webcore it may be perplexing.

1 Like

Probably the DTH just needs to add this config button translation to a ST action.

1 Like

Does this Scene Control work with Hubitat as well? I’ve updated the firmware to 1.56 and made sure the driver is up to date, but I’m struggling to get anything to report other than the regular switch on/off and dimming on my LZW31. I mostly have Red dimmers, but I put this 1 black dimmer in a place where I didn’t think I needed anything smarter. Turns out at least 1 scene control would be really nice to have where it is.

2 Likes

on the same boat as you, i used it in a bathroom but now wish i had at least one, according to others in this thread you can go back to firmware 1.52 and all buttons should report… you get 5 scenes… looks like ill be going that route.

Yep, 1.52 was the last firmware to support scenes. The capability was removed in later versions as there just wasn’t enough room for it and the new features being implemented.

I’m on 1.57… I’ll downgrade and give it a try. Thanks!

Yep! I went back to 1.52 and I have scenes working. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Where might I find a copy of 1.52?

https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW31/Beta/1.52/