Black Series Scene Control with New Firmware - howto?

Hello - so based on this thread the BETA firmware has basic scene control for the black series dimmer LZW31. I upgraded the firmware to 1.52 beta on one of them (which in of itself was an adventure, but I think I can do it pretty fast moving forward). So being a total newbie here, what’s next in order to configure scene control from the config button (at least that’s how I read your statement). Searching around, I was trying to follow the instructions on setting up the scene control for the red series. I got to the part in Lighting App where you supposedly can select a virtual button, except I don’t see any buttons (smartthing said no buttons available or something like that). I then searched around some more and watched a youtube video that indicates I need something called Advanced Button Controller smart app? So I found the maintained link I think maintained by one of your engineers and installed that via the SmartThings IDE. Tried playing with that but the app crashes (says "we’re having trouble connecting…check network connection) when I try to create a new button mapping. So I assume I don’t have the right app.

At this point I think I’m shooting in the dark. I am wondering do I need a LZW31 device handler with scene control? I tried looking for one but I don’t see anything.

Please any guidance on using the updated firmware (v1.52) to get the scene control would be helpful.

Yeah, thanks for pointing this out. I think we need to update the device handler to allow scenes and for ST to recognize this as a button device (tagging @EricM_Inovelli for reference).

What you could do in the meantime is install the Red Series device handler and see if that works? In theory it should work, you just have to ignore all the advanced features in the settings (ie: notifications, power monitoring, etc).

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/SmartThingsInovelli/master/devicetypes/inovelliusa/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.src/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.groovy

Thank you for the quick reply! I switch to the red series dimmer device handle and now I can see the buttons in the lighting configuration! I set the smart bulb option and set button 2 to trigger a scene (which is what I thought I read in the firmware release notes) - no joy. I tried button 1 and my scene triggered! Cool. However I was hoping to use the button 2 (Teo push or held) as I’d like to keep the single tap for turning on or off. Did I read the release notes correctly?

Anyway this is promising!